Sleeper

Joe12459

Reaction score
So, I was out over the weekend in the Roadrunner and today in the Hemi Mirada, looking for a sucker to educate, but nobody would bite. It seems today's tuner owners are getting smart to our game. I think it's time for something different. I'm thinking an 89ish Dippy, 6.4 Hemi, T56, in a mundane non-threatening color would make a hell of a sleeper. What do you think?

Aspen500

Reaction score
The trick is to make it a sleeper without it LOOKING like a sleeper. Too plain and they'd be suspicious. Whenever I see a plain jane car that looks base I always wonder,,,,,,,,,,,,,,is it a 6 cylinder low line car or has it got a big block or Hemi under the hood. You know what I mean.

Joe12459

Reaction score
The trick is to make it a sleeper without it LOOKING like a sleeper. Too plain and they'd be suspicious. Whenever I see a plain jane car that looks base I always wonder,,,,,,,,,,,,,,is it a 6 cylinder low line car or has it got a big block or Hemi under the hood. You know what I mean.
That's a good point. Maybe an A38 look alike or something similar would be better.

kkritsilas

Reaction score
Fifth Ave., nighwatch blue, wire wheel covers, a tear in tear or two in the vinyl roof, some surface rust on the bumpers, maybe a missing fender lip molding, etc.

Last edited:

Justwondering

Reaction score
I'd make sure the tires don't all match, and definitely don't keep them spic and span clean.
Also, on mine one of the lights on the liscense plate is dimmer than the other one. They both still light, but it looks as if one is going out and I can't afford to replace it.

Going on Kkritsilas theme, you should have some headliner drooping just a little somewhere, but that may be carrying it too far.

This is very doable.

kkritsilas

Reaction score
Maybe one of the wire wheel covers can be mangled, or even missing, broken passenger side outside mirror broken or missing. Then ricer boy shows up, the Big Block or Gen III Hemi starts to wail, and bye-bye, member of the fast and idiotic crowd.

TheBigDirtyBrowner

Reaction score
That is my plan with mine. It is something most people won't expect and that would be a fun build.
I would be laughing pass people with a pump of the gas haha, I am all for that!

Dr Lebaron

Reaction score
We can't do that road speed thing here anymore.
30 mph over the limit or a tire squeal, get your car impounded and more.

Thanks to all the F and F wannabe's and rice.

Justwondering

Reaction score
Takes 45 minutes for the sheriff to get to this end of the county - IF they decide to come.
State won't patrol because its not a State Highway.
They just raised the speed on the State Highway to 75
SO
we keep track of when the state highway patrol classes run and stay home while they are learning to pull over folks.
Its all a matter of timing. LOL

BudW

Staff member
Reaction score
Here is a picture of my ‘86 5th Ave, taken November 2010. Odometer now shows 63k miles.

400 big block getting stroked (still at machine shop). The plan is for a smooth idle, very quiet - so the only thing making any noise or otherwise will tip my hand, will be tires protesting and the 4 bbl.

You can get away with a lot here, until you find yourself on the “police list” - then you pretty much get pulled over for anything/everything.

BudW

Picture 001.jpg

Picture 004.jpg

Back