Some fun stories of your car

ramenth

Reaction score
My wife and I and were together almost two years before we got married.For most of that time she lived in Liberty, NY, down around the Catskills. Her job took her all over the area, covering from Westerchester up to and around the Middletown area, working in group homes for mental handicapped adults.

I'd go and see her on the weekends, as Liberty is only a few hours from where I lived.

I'd gotten her in the M-body I'm building now to replace a worn out Oldsmobuick with a 2.5 4 banger which never would have survived all the mileage she was driving.

One night, while I was down for a visit I got a phone call from one of the group homes she was working at in the Eldred, just down the road on St Rt. 55. She ran out of gas in the parking lot.

So I rock down there with a can of gas to get her going.

55 is narrow little two lane with lots of curves and little hills. It's a fun drive if you like twisties.

For the drive back I let her take the lead, as she knew the area better than I did. Cruising a long in my Ramcharger, having fun with the curves, watching her ahead of me. I noticed real quick that on some of the twisties, I didn't see brakes lights from the M-body. My wife was just lifting a bit as she went into the curves.

Some of these curves were pretty steep and she's not hitting the brake!

She's just zipping around 'em. Pretty soon I'm not even seeing taillights. Then she's gone.

She got to her apartment ten minutes before I even pulled in.

Guess when Pop built the springs for the car and got rid of the rear iso's he hit on something. :D

Back