Supercoupe Build

Bridger Bollinger

Reaction score
Hello everyone my buddy bought a rust free supercoupe shell that i had and wanted to build it. Now he is swapping in a Toyota 2jz that he has sitting around. I know some of you guys will like it and some of you guys will hate it but figured i would share the build with you on here. I will keep you guys updated on it as we progress.

Bridger Bollinger

Reaction score
Mock up motor is in and sitting on factory slant 6 motor mounts

20221110_193356.jpg

20221020_224510.jpg

Duke5A

Reaction score
OK, this is actually pretty damn cool. Is this a turbo model and what/if any performance upgrades are planned?

Bridger Bollinger

Reaction score
Yes it will be turbo he has a built motor out of his drift supra that he is putting in the car but he had a block to use for mock up.

Opticon77

Reaction score
I've been waiting for the drift kids to get tired of looking at 90s Japanese plastic.
There's a world of cool looking iron hulks out there just begging to be welded onto an angle/lock kit and paired with some slow motion Instagram sliding.

... But let him know if was looking for maximum respect he would fab and tune a turbo MPFI Slant Six instead. Ingenuity beats wallet size.

Bridger Bollinger

Reaction score
Yeah the whole reason he liked the supercoupe is because of the flares and colors he said it reminds him of toyota colors and jdm flares so he said why not just swap a 2jz in it that he has laying arround

DCAspen

Reaction score
Definitely will be different when he pops the hood

Duke5A

Reaction score
Really not much of a difference in weight between the chassis either. Is he going to do anything with the suspension? Sure as hell won't handle like a Supra.

Back