Survivors

VolareRR

Reaction score
Does anybody have a guess as to how many 76 Volare Roadrunners were built with the 318/A833 manual transmission combination? If so, any idea how many of them survive today?

Justwondering

Reaction score
To give you an idea of what I deal with here, there are two answers to your question:
Older Brother: 3
Younger Brother 42

Older Brother: 3, just like how many licks it takes to get to the center of a tootsie roll tootsie pop

Younger Brother: 42, the answer to the Universe from Hitchhiker's guide to the Galaxy

I hang my head in shame that I can offer nothing but sarcasm from my brothers...

JW

Aspen500

Reaction score
Seems to be classified information. Had some time and looked around a bit for 76 RR production numbers. Came up zip. I'm fairly sure someone knows though.

As for specifics, like 318 4-speed, probably out of luck. Chrysler didn't keep very good records of those things as a general rule.

For how many survive, figure maybe 10% of RR's are living yet. Going by law of averages, that's about how many of any car are still around after 40+ years. Some cars more than that, some less of course.

Mikes5thAve

Reaction score
Chrysler historic might have the info. For GM you have to pay but they give you the number break down you ask for and the engineering info.

mopower76

Reaction score
I know of one!

7BD4DD00-9BF6-4E76-80AF-74CA0C095C95.jpeg

dm330

Reaction score
The UK has logs to give this information for their region, but I've never been able to find anything with that kind of information for the US. I became interested while watching a YouTube video on a 70's Grand Marquis when the poster mentioned how many were produced for the model year and how many are survive today. I asked him where he received the information, but never got an answer.

Back