Suspension difference's

efriedrich

Reaction score
Is there any differences in the M bodies front suspension between six and eight cylinder cars. For example the A bodies had thicker torsion bars for the v8 cars.

efriedrich

Reaction score
I don't suppose there is anybody making aftermarket performance bars for the FMJ's. What can we do besides using the metal biscuits to improving handling, any literature recommendations.

jasperjacko

Reaction score
Firm feel offers stiffer torsion bars, but they are pricey compared to the old straight ones. I've read that the 6 and v8 used the same torsion bar. That was in my factory service man.

Erics5th

Reaction score
Yep. M, F and J body's used the same size bars, no matter the engine or whether or not it was a civilian or police car. The only real difference in suspension was how many leaf springs where in the back (H/D suspension option, fleet/police and RR/RT's and Super Coupe's got 5 vs 4), and/or the sway bar size in the front (police and the hi-po coupe's getting a rear sway bar of course).

76CinnamonRT

Reaction score
I don't suppose there is anybody making aftermarket performance bars for the FMJ's. What can we do besides using the metal biscuits to improving handling, any literature recommendations.

Solid k-frame mounts do make a big difference....

Back