That Final Drive

Darth-Car

Reaction score
Greetings Forum Friends Old & Those I Have Never Met!

I have been asked by our good friend from that state big enough to be its own country to share her latest news with the group.

After an over 3 year deterioration of health "Justwondering"'s husband, and best friend finally had his body succumb to the many battles of health that he had been facing this morning at 10:45 AM Texas time.

Her dream was always to complete the restoration on her families 87 New Yorker so that her husband would have just a regular, really nice car to drive, rather than having to always take one of the various trucks to town. This is the car you see as her member profile picture. From her fights with wire eating pack rats, to the adventures of single-handedly replacing the vinyl top, she would take us all along for the ride. Yes she did finally get the car road worthy enough for her husband to have several enjoyable drives in it before his health deteriorated to the point he could no longer drive.

Her dedication to the one she loved took her away from her many projects like her cars, and tractors, and the pack rats moved in for a wiring feeding frenzy. Through all of that she enjoyed her time here with all of you, if for nothing else but to beat the monotony of the days spent in the home tending to her husband. You all gave her much mental diversion, and entertainment through those long days; and you all mean very much to her for your long distance internet relationships.

It is for those reasons she has asked me to tell their story to you, and let you know that she cares for all of you; however at this time she is putting the internet world into park while she processes the next few weeks of her life. Thank you for your warm thoughts, and understanding.

With humble thanks,

Justwondering

Kind regards to all,

Darth-Car

Sub03

Reaction score
Our thoughts and our heartfelt sympathy goes out to Justwondering and her family.
Thank you for sharing Darth.

80mirada

Reaction score
Prayers go out to her in this time. She has always been a valuable member of this community, and I hope she will find her way back when she has had some time to heal.

Camtron

Reaction score
My deepest condolences and sympathy

Ele115

Reaction score
A good man went to heaven. You took very good care of him and didn't just stash him away somewhere. You're both good people. I hope you get some sleep. Bless you

Back