The bird brained bird

Aspen500

Reaction score
This stupid bird has been hanging around the past few days. Sits (and craps) on the small window sills and keeps pecking at the glass like it's trying to get in. The sills on most of the windows is less than an inch deep but still it manages to sit on them. It's always the windows here in the den or the next room over (bath). It won't go away and is getting really irritating. Any ideas?

No idea what kind of bird it is, doesn't look like a common one anyways. Got a pic through the bathroom window yesterday. GO AWAY YOU STUPID IDIOT BIRD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

DSCF0001.jpg

slant6billy

Reaction score
You might have something like at caterpillar nest or some other bug nest, the bird is chomping on. I had a bird eat a hole through my new window screen to get to a spider nest. yummy

Aspen500

Reaction score
There's no bugs or anything out there. Really there's not hardly any bugs,,,,,,,period (been so dry this spring).
I though it looked like a pet bird also. I don't want another pet. I already have my "pet" rabbit living under the storage shed and my "pet" woodchuck I have to step over every so often out back because it's too lazy to move out of the way. Just lays in the sun on my back driveway. There's also my "pet" cat that hangs around once in a while and won't go away, not to mention my "pet" mountain lion (probably) that roams the backyards at night. Amazing the animals that adapt to suburban life, isn't it? Oh yeah, then there's that dog, a really nice dog, that come around and wants to play fetch. Even brings his own stick.

Aspen500

Reaction score
No, I don't like guns (long story) and besides, it's just a TAD illegal to fire a weapon where I live.:toothy3:

slant6billy

Reaction score
Sounds like my yard; flock of wild turkeys, groundhogs, raccoon, possum, skunks, stray cats, rabbits, moles (just caught one Saturday), snakes (eating the mice and bird eggs) and a small herd of deer with a small buck. Mind you, I am in a housing development, but my yard backs up to a small thick of woods with some condos about 150 yards beyond the trees. There is a small stream between the condos and me with a mess of frogs and turtles. I'm finishing up a fence to keep the buck out. That little 4 point bastard gives me the staredown. He will charge, so a fence is a bit of a fix.

BHA43

Reaction score
I never got my soffets done and I get Robins trying to built on top of my logs. I have gotten 3" tall "action figures" out of the free box at rummage sales, the scarier the better! Spray them with cologne and the birds stay away. I prob. should just do my soffets!
fleet 022.jpg

fleet 022.jpg

Aspen500

Reaction score
Yeah, I have to overcome my fear of heights and extension ladders to fix the top of my chimney 16 feet in the air. It's on the end of the house and is decoration only, nothing hooked to it for a long time. I built the top trim from wood 16 years ago and it kind of rotted and a chunk fell out. Now, I hear little birdies chirping up there and a mama bird flying in and out with food. Just waiting for the little ones to leave the nest. Yeah, that's it. Not the fear of heights, it's the little birds still in the there, lol! Actually, have to add that to the list of things I need to do that never ends. So much to do, not enough time to do it all and not enough money to hire someone else to do it for me. Sigh..........................

BHA43

Reaction score
Thanks. it was dark brown metallic with gold trim when I first built it. My brother bought it and put 250K on it. it got rolled and we changed the engine & body out and he had it painted this blue. He was killed in an industrial accident before he got to drive it! I drove it in the funeral with the casket to the cemetery. It hasn't seen much day light in the last 20 years.
christmas.jpg

Great idea and what a gorgeous truck!

christmas.jpg

Jack Meoff

Mopar Maniac
Reaction score
Thanks. it was dark brown metallic with gold trim when I first built it. My brother bought it and put 250K on it. it got rolled and we changed the engine & body out and he had it painted this blue. He was killed in an industrial accident before he got to drive it! I drove it in the funeral with the casket to the cemetery. It hasn't seen much day light in the last 20 years.
View attachment 10380

Phil.
You gotta post a thread on your cars.
The Imp limo and a Superbird too....you're killing me.

Back