• No

Votes: 6 42.9%
  • Restro mod

Votes: 5 35.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

crayzcuda

Reaction score
So here is my dilemma. Should my 77 Aspen RT be put back to original? Currently the car has a 440ci and was lightened for racing etc. I still have the original 360 and most of the parts I would need to put it back to the way it came.

Is it worth it, when I have no intentions of ever selling it?

Please help

L1 07 973 M21 M43 N38 N93
26 C56 F18 G01 G51 J52 K6B
PB5 C O A57 B41 C16 PB5
D6X9 000 503 X58050
E57 D33 N29 K7B 385807

Last edited:

crayzcuda

Reaction score
YES, like this car..............................................or....................NO, like this

blue77rt_opt.jpg

P1010761_opt (1).jpg

AspenRT79

Reaction score
I wouldn't. To me faster and lighter is much better than original (slower and heavier). Many enthusiasts will disagree. It's a shame when things of bad taste are done to a car, so it all depends. But nice improvements beat being obsessed with originality IMO. I stress IMO lol. Remember: it is, after all, your car. The Chrysler Corp didn't care about any of our intentions when they made these cars, so it's not like we owe anything to anybody here. It's your car! Maybe post some pics?

AspenRT79

Reaction score
Now that I saw it, I confirm that no I wouldn't change it back! I think it looks bad-ass with what you've done. No stripe, no badging, bumpers stripped down, black louvres...I like all the changes the way you made it. Like you said, you've got most of the stuff to change it back someday IF you want anyway, so what's the worry?

crayzcuda

Reaction score
I guess what I'm worried about is the point of no return. I'm wondering if I my Duster would be better suited for all the other race mods I want to do (caged, tubbed etc)..but..the RT has been like this a long time..and its a lot of fun.

bremereric

FMJ Body Moderator
Reaction score
Keep the orange car stock and turn the blue into a sleeper. Just put stock looking wheels back on it and get a hood on it. Pull up to someones POS and smoke the tires down along side them.

alf44

Reaction score
yuppers, find a rice runner and show it what a real car can do...... with out the 3 stages of giggle juice and twin turbos,lol. you should be able to smoke one of those with 1/4 throttle :) n no bottle !!!!

Jonnyuma

Reaction score
I'd go all stealthy sleeper mode with it....change out the wheels for steelies that tuck in (maybe mini-tub) and even some hub caps. Throw a flat hood on it and paint it an unassuming color so it looks like a former utility company car. Just enough interior to make it not a drag to drive. Man, I love the thought of tearing up a ricer in something like that...totally unexpected. You might have to muffle that 440 a bit, but cutouts aren't too expensive.
I guess no, I don't think its worth it to go back to stock. More money, less fun. More time fretting over correct paint and upholstery and less spent choosing-off Honda punks at your favorite venue.
Best of luck to you whatever you decide.

Shorty Thompson

Reaction score
It's hard to disagree with so many good points . However , your just gonna have to settle that on your own .

1 argument though ! There is no point of no return no matter what anyone says . It may take awhile , but it can always be put back to O.E.M. specs .

crayzcuda

Reaction score
Mmm... interesting outcome so far, not the way I thought the votes would go.

Thanks for the votes and all your comments...keep 'em coming!

In regards to the ricers, I can't remember the last time somebody pulled up beside me with half a motor with a blow dryer on it wanting to run. It must be the baby blue paint. LOL

Last edited:

MiradaMegacab

Reaction score
There's no replacement for displacement. Build that 77 Aspen R/T into a radical street machine!

Aint nothing better than being at a Mopar show and blowing the doors off a Viper, in a FMJ body.

crayzcuda

Reaction score
The poll has closed, the votes are in and my FMJ friends have spoken.

The more I look at the original car pic, the more things I saw that I would change, which just brings me back to what I have already.
I guess I've never been the kind of guy to leave things alone. There is always improvements to be made, whether it's big or small.

Thanks for setting me straight as I wouldn't be happy with an "original" car anyways. (It's a lot more fun telling people its stock. LOL)

I shall carry on with the way I envisioned it so many years ago and I'll keep you all updated on my Blvd Bruiser build thread of the improvements I make.

By the way, thanks for all the compliments.
Joe

Back