Trunk carpet

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aspen500

Reaction score
Contact seller
Long shot but,,,,,,,,,anybody know if/where I might find molded trunk floor carpet for my '79 Aspen? I'm thinking Diplomat's and 5th Ave's would be more likely to have had carpet than an Aspen and probably would work.

I've searched around and of course, nobody makes repro for our cars (far as I could find) so good used?

No sense checking salvage yards around here. Any cars more than 15-20 years old are about non existent and if there was a 5th or Dippy sitting in one, the carpet would be rotted to scraps by now.

Thanks!

Jack Meoff

Mopar Maniac
Reaction score
I'd actually have to check the trunk on the Volare to see what it is. I'd think fabbing something might be easier than trying to find new and used.....it would indeed be rare to find good stuff.
I'm guessing you've explored the usual haunts like legendary, etc?

Aspen500

Reaction score
Legendary.........................legendary d*ckheads..... Sorry, had a bad experience with them a few years ago. Usaully don't hold a grudge more than a couple minutes except in 2 cases. Legendary and Brad's NOS. That's all I've got to say about them.

I've been off and on looking for the past couple years just on the odd chance I might run across something. The problem is to make a carpet to fit the contours is sort of hard. Beyond my skills anyways. May end up making a pattern and then having an upholstery shop stich on together. If done well, it looks almost molded. If it were a "driver" i'd make something work but I went overly anal with the car so when the trunk gets done, might as well (that phrase is how I ended up with the car I've got. "Might as well" and "while I'm at it", lol) do it up right.

F body Deconstructor Jim

Reaction score
2 different "weights" of material used for trunk floor covering. Not as heavy as the interior floor carpet.
You looking for the light or heavy?
Need a matching spare tire cover to go with? :toothy10:

Last edited:

moreada

Reaction score
Good to see there's still hope. I tossed my factory carpet because there were too many mice and carp living in trunk to think i could clean the smell and such out. It WAS nice. But this thread gives a guy hope :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back