Trunk won't open need help NOW!

MoparDan

Reaction score
trunk1.jpg
trunk2.jpg
trunk3.jpg

MoparDan

Reaction score
As you can see in the pictures the key just spins not all the way around but to where it ussally would stop and as you can see in the third picture I cant get to the screws from behind the back seat (I'm still homeless so the trunk is full...) the big problem is my wife put all her pills in the trunk including her diabetes pills so we can't wait I need to know how to get the trunk open now! I should add it opened fine this morning but now it just spins

Aspen500

Reaction score
My GUESS is the link between the lock cyl and latch broke or came off. About the only way to get it open without destroying the lock and trunk lid (by pulling the lock out with a slide hammer) is getting to the back side of the latch through the inside. There's a slot in the latch that you can turn with a screwdriver from inside the trunk. If there's a tail panel trim cover, it'll have to come off,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,somehow. Having the trunk full will toss a monkey wrench in the procedure though.

MoparDan

Reaction score
Shirt version: we couldn't get to the back at all so the mechanic ended up just breaking the lock off...she needed her pills...

Back