Volare'/Lebaron conversion

Shorty Thompson

Reaction score
Well I'd been asked to start my project thread here . Kinda embarrassed to do so after looking at all the nice work that the others have done so far . Mine's still in the raw stages as I started out with a 79' Lebaron ;

Lebaronpic.gif

I got it from a demolition derby driver/builder that lucky for me , only runs compact cars . I'd only seen it from the side , and thought " he's got to be kidding " . However if you believe in love at first sight , then so be it . One thing I just couldn't deal with however was the header panel . I just couldn't ever get with turn signals over the head lights . That was I guess my turning point . So I started looking around . I finally found something I could live with , this is what I chose ;

Lebaronfrontend.gif

Lebaronfrontsideview2.gif

Lebaronfrontsideview.gif

ramenth

Reaction score
Wow. Interesting blend of the F-body with the M-body. I'll be watching this one to see how it turns out.

Shorty Thompson

Reaction score
I think the only thing that has me going on , and on , and on , is the trunk lid . I'd like to get a rear spoiler for it , but I know they don't make 1 for the boat tail lid . So ,,, I'd have to fab 1 up on my own . That's where the the problem lies . I've never laid out any fibreglass before . All I can see at this point would be a horrific mess and mountains of frustration .

ramenth

Reaction score
Nothing ventured, nothing gained, bud. I'm pretty much in the same boat with a spoiler. I'm gonna build a duck tail blending the quarter end caps in with it.

old tired rebel

Reaction score
Shorty, How far have you gotten? I know you have been building this car for a long while.

Shorty Thompson

Reaction score
Shorty, How far have you gotten? I know you have been building this car for a long while.

That's where it's at right now . I'd had motors in and out of it on several occaisions , then pulled them out because it wasn't what I want in it ,even got a big block for it , but it never made it in . It's been forsale off and on .

Shorty Thompson

Reaction score
Folks , as much as I hate to , the Lebaron conversion has come up for sale . Something has come up and I have to get rid of it . I'll be posting in the cars forsale soon .

old tired rebel

Reaction score
Folks , as much as I hate to , the Lebaron conversion has come up for sale . Something has come up and I have to get rid of it . I'll be posting in the cars forsale soon .

Dang Shorty I'm sorry to hear you have to sell your car. I hope you will stick around.

Back