Wagon door weatherstripping

OrangeDustr

Reaction score
Just bought a 79 Aspen Wagon and was wondering if anyone knows where front and rear door weatherstripping can be bought. Have looked at most websites and can't find any listings for wagons. Thanks!!

kmccabe56

Reaction score
Just bought a 79 Aspen Wagon and was wondering if anyone knows where front and rear door weatherstripping can be bought. Have looked at most websites and can't find any listings for wagons. Thanks!!

Not sure this will work for door rubbers, but I was in need of the liftgate weatherstrip for my ' 79 wagon. Stopped at the local autobody supply shop and happened to ask about weatherstrip. Counter guys says "We only carry a few" and goes outside to look at what I've got. He says "I think we have that" and I'm thinking "Yeah, right". IBD if he doesn't appear from the back of the store 3 minutes later with the EXACT weatherstrip for the liftgate opening. Fit like a charm, only had to trim a couple of inches off of it to get it in place. Used a small piece of tubing to hold the two open ends together. So I went back and got two more for my other wagons......

OrangeDustr

Reaction score
Yes I checked Steele's website but only thing they have listed for a wagon is fuel filler grommet. I may check around for a decent shaped one in a junkyard or maybe luck up like kmccabe56 and find some that will fit at a supplier. I only need one for the right rear door, its pretty much crumbling off. Kind of weird because the other 3 and the rear liftgate are still soft and complete.

NoCar340

Reaction score
Just going by photos, the rear door doesn't look any different than that of a sedan. Have you checked to verify that it is by part number?

kmccabe56

Reaction score
Just going by photos, the rear door doesn't look any different than that of a sedan. Have you checked to verify that it is by part number?

Rear doors are different between sedans and wagons. Front doors are the same. Door skins are the same. The doors differ in the area of the rear fixed glass.

NoCar340

Reaction score
Yeah, I noticed the difference in the glass but I was assuming he was looking for the weatherstrip, not the glass run channel. The outer shape was what I should've said. That looks like they'd interchange.

OrangeDustr

Reaction score
That's correct NoCar340, I need the weather strip that goes around the outside of the door itself. I was wondering same thing if strip for sedan rear doors would work as well.

NoCar340

Reaction score
I would bet someone else's next paycheck it would. :icon_biggrin:

Back