Weird:

TheBigDirtyBrowner

Reaction score
So in my area where I am up at everyone seems to drive newer or newish cars. I seem to be the only person with a non-demo style M-Body. As I have not another diplomat rolling around.

Justwondering

Reaction score
Last year when I resurrected my 87 fifth avenue I took it to be inspected. The usual 3 guys are standing around outside cause the weather is nice and they only work when it isn't season (deer, turkey, duck, dove, etc).

Their remarks were:
'Hey, why waste the money on an inspection... that would make a good crash derby car'
'Haven't seen one of those in ten years-- wow it still runs'
'My uncle used to have one, but even he upgraded'

My remarks were (in order):
'Touch my car and you'll draw back bloody stumps'
'Will still be running when your's is in the boneyard'
'Sounds like your uncle made a mistake'

Everybody remembers how comfortable they are to sit in and has some story about someone they knew that had one -- but they are driving trucks or jellybeans. Makes me Uni-Q

Jack Meoff

Mopar Maniac
Reaction score
Last year when I resurrected my 87 fifth avenue I took it to be inspected. The usual 3 guys are standing around outside cause the weather is nice and they only work when it isn't season (deer, turkey, duck, dove, etc).

Their remarks were:
'Hey, why waste the money on an inspection... that would make a good crash derby car'
'Haven't seen one of those in ten years-- wow it still runs'
'My uncle used to have one, but even he upgraded'

My remarks were (in order):
'Touch my car and you'll draw back bloody stumps'
'Will still be running when your's is in the boneyard'
'Sounds like your uncle made a mistake'

Everybody remembers how comfortable they are to sit in and has some story about someone they knew that had one -- but they are driving trucks or jellybeans. Makes me Uni-Q

That sounds like a response I'd give.

TheBigDirtyBrowner

Reaction score
I give those remarks to people when they say "demo car" Yes my car is not one for beauty but it is still unique in its own way. Just an old boat that (with a little work) will be around for a good amount of time.

Jack Meoff

Mopar Maniac
Reaction score
I have on occasion had fun with Chevy guys who crack about the derby and say that's why they make GM's. :D

Aspen500

Reaction score
One big reason for the lack of M-body (or F or J) is where we live,,,,,,,,,,,Wisconsin. The majority of them are long gone years and years ago from rot. I remember seeing them in scrapyards in the early '80's already, rotted almost to the door handles. Sad.

Jack Meoff

Mopar Maniac
Reaction score
One big reason for the lack of M-body (or F or J) is where we live,,,,,,,,,,,Wisconsin. The majority of them are long gone years and years ago from rot. I remember seeing them in scrapyards in the early '80's already, rotted almost to the door handles. Sad.

Same up here.
The salt demons took care of that.

Aspen500

Reaction score
I'm not sure where Barron is but they probably use just as much salt as they do up here in the Wausau area, or is that DOWN here?
Even though MOST people drive pretty darn good in this area, at least the parts I'm ever in, I still get nervous when driving the car. I mean, it's fully covered by Grundy for no matter what would happen to it and would get repaired but still...................
Weird how you can drive your daily driver ('96 Dakota in my case) for almost 20 years with no problems but get in the Aspen and any car that's even near you it's like "don't get so close, watch what your doing", etc. I got to get over that fear and actually drive the car more than 200 miles this year.

Justwondering

Reaction score
Aspen500 -- you are just way too cute ...

Its 50 miles round trip to get groceries or gas with no ethanol. My 87 fifth is running down the highway, my tunes are not playing (cause antenna is dead), window is down (cause a/c isn't charged yet), and I'm just waving at the trucks as I pass.

Get that car out there and let your bad ass drive!

TheBigDirtyBrowner

Reaction score
Barron is up north. Where you are at is past Eau Claire for me, which is south. And they started to use sand but where I got is some small town called Wheaton next to Clayton.

Back