well paint time is nearing for the aspen

77kickinaspen

Reaction score
i have thought ever since i got the car what color would look great ive narrowed it down at least in my eyes wondering if anyone out there has good photoshop skills im thinking of 2000's ram patriot blue metallic. my buddy just graduated from uti for collision repair he said a bonus he likes spraying metallic and hes looking for cars for his diverse portfolio hes giving me a slamming deal jus wondering where can i get a good deal on supplies filler and a gallon of the blue? post a pic if u have ur aspen or volare hella a old car painted this color

77kickinaspen

Reaction score
alright ima go get a quote from our local paint stores im asking for those brands or equel the qoute i got the for valiant in white was like 350 for base 1 gallon didnt price clear im guessing that will be $$$$$
photo.jpg

Last edited:

77kickinaspen

Reaction score
yea it is single now and just got back from the paint store wow its really setting in. this is gonna be expencive$$$$$$$ 1100 for the paint in the color i want base / clear
i didnt want to do this but it seems like ima have to go with a single on both cars sealer and filler instead of the baseclear .the paint guy atleast told me that with waxing evrey month and still sitting outside in our area not very much sun it should last 10years still with color and there single they have is a urithene.so idk what to do i deffinitly cant afford 1600 for 2 paint jobs im leaning twords the single cuz of price only tho i could do both for 900 in supplies. one more ramble the paint guy asked me if they painted over the old paintjob on my car i said yes it was maroon he said thats why my red is so faded on the aspen cuzz fresh paint over a dryed out paintjob will suck the moisture and color from the top paint so i guess what im compareing my judgment on single is i have a bad exaple paint job. srry for rambling but any advice in this situation would be awesome.

bremereric

FMJ Body Moderator
Reaction score
I am not an expert but I would call another paint store and see what they have to say about that...everyone has an opinion

Alleyoop2

Reaction score
Hey 77kickinaspen, I can save you a buttload of money on color for your car. It would be PPG DBC (base/clear). Just wanted to let you know.

77RTNJ

Reaction score
I have heard that with old paint jobs. Usually a primer sealer is used over old paint to keep that from happening. The primer sealer also helps with adhesion over the old paint.

Kevin

77kickinaspen

Reaction score
IM GOING TO CALL ANOTHER PLACE TOMARROW,

how can u save me the money would love to hear more

there was no primer put on or sealer under the single stage job.

Alleyoop2

Reaction score
how can u save me the money would love to hear more

I can get you the base color a lot cheaper than an auto parts store. But it has to be PPG DBC.
Send me a private message, and I can tell you more details. I have sold base color to a few guys on FABO, FBBO, and FEBO.
Tell me what they quoted you for a gallon of color, and I can tell you how much I can save you.

Back