Well, they come in threes....

jer

Reaction score
I picked up a low-mileage, rust free Diplomat sedan from an estate. It needed just a timing chain, head gasket and of course a headliner. Two of the three are done.

So a few days ago a friend with a towing company calls up to say he's dropping off two cars for me, where do I want them.

Nothing special, parts cars only, but hey, these things are hard to find now that all the 'old' yards are crushed out and gone.

The Fifth Ave is one owner, but sitting sitting since '02.

The AHB is a former City of Rochester car in the once-popular blue and white scheme, but complete.

Happy to have them. My wife.... she's not as thrilled.
L1.JPG
L2.JPG

BudW

Staff member
Reaction score
What years are the two cars?

Planning on selling the cars ... or parts?

jer

Reaction score
The cop car is an '88, and the Fifth Ave is an '87. I'll be taking some parts off the AHB for my own projects here, but the rest of the car and pretty much the entire Fifth are parts cars. Would be great if the Fifth went to a new home as-is.

BudW

Staff member
Reaction score
You might want to place ads in our For Sale section, as well as lots of pictures.

SouthBay

Reaction score
How rare are those window shades on the Fifth? I think I've only ever seen one set pop up for sale.

MoparDan

Reaction score
How rare are those window shades on the Fifth? I think I've only ever seen one set pop up for sale.
Rare, but not impossible to find, I'd love a set too, but whenever they pop up for sale I don't have the money, and when I have the money they are nowhere to be found

jer

Reaction score
These were most likely aftermarket. Most dealerships here had them in stock as dealer-installed options, and were sold by several companies, the most well-known being Ventshade.
Ventshade11.jpg

SouthBay

Reaction score
That's what it was called! I couldn't remember the brand name. I had picked up a set when I had my first Fifth around 2016. Never put them on and sold the car with all the spare parts I had. Worst mistake I ever made. I didn't think I'd end up missing it and buying another Fifth.

Mikes5thAve

Reaction score
There was a set on my 88 when I got it and after a paint and body refresh on it they went back on. I got used to the look and it seems bare without them.

Logan

Reaction score
I picked up a low-mileage, rust free Diplomat sedan from an estate. It needed just a timing chain, head gasket and of course a headliner. Two of the three are done.

So a few days ago a friend with a towing company calls up to say he's dropping off two cars for me, where do I want them.

Nothing special, parts cars only, but hey, these things are hard to find now that all the 'old' yards are crushed out and gone.

The Fifth Ave is one owner, but sitting sitting since '02.

The AHB is a former City of Rochester car in the once-popular blue and white scheme, but complete.

Happy to have them. My wife.... she's not as thrilled.

Hello, does that diplomat have the rear Swaybar package and if it does, would you be interested in selling it?
Logan

Hayzoos

Reaction score
I had vent shades on a few of my vehicles. I only had the chrome ones. Nice for leaving windows open just enough to beat the heat even if rain might pop up.

Back