What almost hit the curb on trash day

slant6billy

Reaction score
A friend's sister was cleaning out some "junk" that belonged to my friend 17 years ago and his late brother. I drop by to say hey to mom and all, as they ask.... can you just take some of this crap before we toss it out. It would had been tossed already, but it required heavy lifting. There were 70 charger R/T interior and brand new R/T emblems (trunk, grille, and sides) center console (auto) and some other nice to haves. Borrowed a little trailer to get it all home from my neighbor, so he earned a 350 chevy Z28 motor that was left in a shed b/f the late brother could drop it in the car. Nobody wanted the motor b/c of that stigma. some stuff was brand new it the box. It was difficult to imagine of the project that never got done. Folks pass away, get divorced, loose interest... etc. Found old CAM2 oil from 20 years ago- when everyone thought it was the shit- now everyone uses Royal purple. Time capsule of car junk.

roadrunnerman

Reaction score
great find.nobody thinks of what will happen in the future when life throws a curve.That's why i try and keep my wife informed of my car interest so if i do happen to "kick the bucket" b4 i want to then she has an idea of what to do.

slant6billy

Reaction score
Now, there is a bit more to this than just a winfall for myself. About 1997 some music equipment went missing that I was partial owner to. Two PA system and mics - stands and all cables too. Plus a Marshall JCM 900. I partially was to blame for thinking it was gona stay in my budy's for until I could get it. So a few years later found out my budy took it with him to FL and then sold it. WTF - no shame. I got over it somewhat and then my Budy's brother got sick and passed. Now, I also had an 1980 Z28 about 20 years ago and a parts car. Some of those parts went into my Budy's brothers Z28 while I struggled to get my engineering degree. So that is all in the past. Somewhere, there are still more parts. Sorry no Hemi or bigblock, but a huge blaster coil was in a tool box, as well some rusty tools. 73 charger tail lenses in good cond- anyone want to pay shipping they are yours.

Back