When You Wish Upon A Pentastar

Jack Meoff

Mopar Maniac
Reaction score
Just a thought.
Was driving home in rush hour traffic, stopped at a set of lights and actually took a minute and looked around. Cookie cutter cars everywhere. And everyone in them with generally the same expression.
Kind of like "lunchbag letdown".
Right then it occurred to me just how cool it was to be sitting in rush hour traffic in an old Mopar. Looking out over a real hood. A real 318 I mean c'mon a V8. The interior, everything.
Listening to cassettes on my stock Chrysler radio.

How cool is that?
We are lucky people.

efriedrich

Reaction score
Its funny you started this thread. I was driving across town today and this 30ish year old women in a Grandprix GT just kept screwing with me. She would not let me pass, she just kept going fast enough so I couldn't get around her then she would slow down. I would change lanes at the light but she would smoke me off the line and get back in front of me. My poor old smogged out 5th with those shitty gears didn't stand a chance. It's too bad I wasn't in the LeBaron, it has a factory 3.21 8 1/4 and the lean burn has been taken off and replaced with the MP electronic unit, it is so much quicker than the 5th, it would have been a different story.

Jack Meoff

Mopar Maniac
Reaction score
Its funny you started this thread. I was driving across town today and this 30ish year old women in a Grandprix GT just kept screwing with me. She would not let me pass, she just kept going fast enough so I couldn't get around her then she would slow down. I would change lanes at the light but she would smoke me off the line and get back in front of me. My poor old smogged out 5th with those shitty gears didn't stand a chance. It's too bad I wasn't in the LeBaron, it has a factory 3.21 8 1/4 and the lean burn has been taken off and replaced with the MP electronic unit, it is so much quicker than the 5th, it would have been a different story.

Next just start weaving big time like you're hammered.
She'll be outa there.

They'll think it's funny till a big ol' 5th starts givin' them the squeeze.
:icon_jook:

80 Aspen RT

Reaction score
Just a thought.
Was driving home in rush hour traffic, stopped at a set of lights and actually took a minute and looked around. Cookie cutter cars everywhere. And everyone in them with generally the same expression.
Kind of like "lunchbag letdown".
Right then it occurred to me just how cool it was to be sitting in rush hour traffic in an old Mopar. Looking out over a real hood. A real 318 I mean c'mon a V8. The interior, everything.
Listening to cassettes on my stock Chrysler radio.

How cool is that?
We are lucky people.

Its cool to see older cars still being driven on a daily basis, they really do grab your attention.

Some guys that live around the corner from us just bought a 68??? or so Pontiac Catalina (I think)..big ol 4 door ugly POS...but are they happy! Seen them driving it all over town!

efriedrich

Reaction score
Pontiac Catalina..big ol 4 door ugly POS....

lol very descriptive

Last edited:

Jack Meoff

Mopar Maniac
Reaction score
There'll be lots of statements being made next weekend.
They're all coming out of their cocoons now.
I don't know if you have an actual "car season" down south
But up here in the great white north, we put 'em away in the fall
And pull 'em out in the spring.
The way the weather's looking they should all be coming out.
Let the Mopar's roll. :icon_super:

efriedrich

Reaction score
It's the same down here or where ever there is seasons. It was almost 80 here today and there were bandit's everywhere.

Last edited:

qurtuba

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

It's the same everywhere I think. Almost everyone takes notice when I'm driving the Volare. Some people have a negative look on their face as if saying "hey get that junk away from my Toyota", while the intelligent ones actually have a look of admiration on their faces!

Back