who's 383 is better? Mopar or Chevy

slant6billy

Reaction score
"Mr Owl, How many licks to the center of a tootsie pop?"

The Engine dyno proves it:

Aspen500

Reaction score
A Mopar engine is better than a Chevy engine any day of the week!

Oh yeah, it's 3 licks, lol.

brotherGood

Reaction score
Watched this at 6 this morning..was honestly pleasantly surprised with the Mopar. I've heard how much of a pain they are to try and get a bunch of power out of.

slant6billy

Reaction score
It really made me and roadrunninmark break out the paper and pencil and start doing the math. Mopar 383s are the BB (bad middle brother) in the family. Only the one year only 1958 350 mopar BB and then the BB400 are in the middle row of the family photo. I had a 400 given to me and was hardpressed to do all the work to get it into the Volare'. After this video I could kick myself for giving it away- yes I foolishly gave it away. That chevy 383 is a stroker as they state in the video. I'd like to give the chevy another chance and go small block to small block. There used to be a 360 mopar being sold in Summit and Jegs with a 380 punch and then a 390 version. Now, all I see is the 408 cratemotor. So I'd say put the mopar 360 (380 bore) up against the chevy 383. I think the results will be similar but I think where the torque gets made will be the key. That will shut up the chevy sheep.

Dr Lebaron

Reaction score
When 'ASSCAR' was closer to stock, they had to detune Mopars to give the others a chance.
So Mopar went to drag racing and kicked ass so hard, the others whined there too.

kkritsilas

Reaction score
To be honest, the Mopar and the Chevy were pretty much even, aside from the low rpm levels. With better heads, the Mopar 383/392 would have left the Chevy in the dust.

The thing that they didn't bring up is that the Mopar will go for 200,000 miles, easy. The Chevy 383, being a stroker, will be lucky to go 50,000 miles. Not important I suppose, for a car that is driven on weekends or to car shows only, much more important for a daily driver.

Back