Windshield wipers

Yellowdart69

Reaction score
Does anyone know what might be the problem with my 82 Cordoba's wipers. They chatter and shudder when I use them. The intermitent does not work, and they eventually stop. Driving in the rain can be quite exciting! Any suggestions? When the problem first started, it seemed to be related to poor grounding, but I don't think that's the case now. Thanks.

MagnumMaster

Reaction score
While you're changing (if you do) the wiper motor, replace that wiper bushing (not included w/a motor). It's available repo now.

MagnumMaster

Reaction score
If you need the link repaired, a wiper bushing is available for $50, new reproduction. Don't buy an already 30 old part I'm telling ya!!

MagnumMaster

Reaction score
Here ya go!!

Late 70s Wiper Bushing Re-pop Order Form

Name: __________________________________________________________

Address: _________________________________________________________

Telephone: _______________________________________________________

Make, Model and Year of Car: ________________________________________

Do you want the parts color tinted? ____________________________________

Email: ___________________________________________________________

Number of Sets Requested: ________@ $50.00 per set plus $5.50 USPS Priority Shipping.

Cap Only :_________@ $25.00 per unit plus $5.50 USPS
Priority Shipping

Total Amount Enclosed: _____________

Payment must be made using a United States Postal Money Order.

By signing below you acknowledge the following:

These parts were reproduced using an original NOS (New Old Stock) parts originally made for Chrysler Corporation. The process used includes silicone molds and plastic resins currently available in the marketplace. Because of the nature of this endeavor, and the fact that you will be responsible for assembly and installation, there can be no warranty of said parts. Also, because these parts are hand made, there may be some imperfections in the casting (i.e., air bubble remnants) but I will not send you any parts that I feel would be inferior to the task for which they are produced. Finally, orders will be filled ASAP on a first come, first served basis.

Signature: ________________________ Date: _________________

Please mail this form and your payment to:

Scott Verbrugge
807 Lincoln Road
Grosse Pointe, Michigan 48230

** Items not included are Wiper Link, Torsion Spring, and White Lithium Grease.

An email will be sent when your order arrives and again when your order is mailed.

Cordoba1

Reaction score
The drive linkage on the J-Bodies is special: It "Parks" the wipers under the hood by driving the motor one rotation backward and stopping at a set point. The linkage, sometimes called the wiper transmission, is made of nylon that would often rot. If you see one in good shape, grab it as they are very difficult to find.

MiradaMegacab

Reaction score
Spray the wiper pivots with white lithium grease, it comes in an aerosol can. Also spray the wiper drive mechanism located in the cowl directly behind the wiper motor. Hell just soak everything in lube. Lube is good.... LOL

mirada80

Reaction score
If you need the link repaired, a wiper bushing is available for $50, new reproduction. Don't buy an already 30 old part I'm telling ya!!

Are these the same as the J-body bushing on the arm that parks the concealled wipers. I bought a NOS one off ebay 2years ago for $90. New repo would nice, any pictures of them?

Yellowdart69

Reaction score
Thanks for all the advice. It turned out to be a bad ground, and several poor connections in the wiring. They now work perfectly. The dash board lights are even brighter, which is good.

Back