WTB Steering Wheel (Imperial)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ballesco

Reaction score
Contact seller
I have a 1982 Imperial in silver and grey. Steering wheel has a couple of cracks in it. cover with emblem is fine, I just need the wheel. Any leads?
2.jpg

2.jpg

Jack Meoff

Mopar Maniac
Reaction score
I'm not sure....is that wheel Imperial specific?
Or is there another model that looks the same like a Fifth Ave?
I looked on car part but they show nothing by way of Imperial steering wheels.

ballesco

Reaction score
I think you can get away with the steering wheel being interchangeable with other 1982's. but not the cover (which is fine on mine)

NoCar340

Reaction score
The trick is the leather covering. There are a ton of those steering wheels out there, but not many of them have the leather. All the Y-cars got it, and only leather-seat Js had it. I'm not sure about M-bodies; the only wheel that springs to mind on those is different but if they used this style, I would expect only the leather-seat cars got the leather wheel as well. The sad thing is, I know where there's a mint one but the guy just will not sell parts off the car, and he hems & haws about selling the entire Cordoba (flawless grey leather tilt/console interior).

ballesco

Reaction score
Replied to ad, many thanks... I saw one elsewhere but it, too, was in tough shape.

marty mopar

Reaction score
P053AM6 green leather steering wheel. 1982 have that NOS. no other colors though

ballesco

Reaction score
P053AM6 green leather steering wheel. 1982 have that NOS. no other colors though

Funny, I just saw a green Imperial for sale online. Unfortunately, I would need the silver/grey. I sincerely appreciate your reaching out to me and will keep you handy as a resource for other parts. ~Scott

ballesco

Reaction score
Marty helped me with lenses, trim pieces, etc.. Deception Pass Motor Parts helped as well.

Sedanman

Reaction score
There might be a decent 1 on 2 of the Imperial's at a yard near me.

Cordoba1

Reaction score
That particular wheel was used on a lot of different cars. As Mr.Lopar says, it is the same wheel as used on many 5th Avenues. It was also used on K-Cars, such as the LeBaron, 400, E-Class, among others.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back