Wtb

Status
Not open for further replies.

bremereric

FMJ Body Moderator
Reaction score
Does anyone know where I can obtain rear shock mounts/plates for an 81 Imperial? Or-any that would interchange?
Thanks!
Do they look like this...

attachment.php

bill55az

Reaction score
without the swaybar mount, those are on all F,M, J cars.
with the swaybar mount, good luck, they are getting very hard to find, plus they are hard to remove.. I am pretty sure that the Imperials all came with rear sway bars. I have had some of the swaybar tabs made, they must be welded to your upper plate, but that can be done without removing them from the car.
See my ad in Parts for Sale.
An alternative is to remove the iso-mount setup entirely and use shock mount plates, and shocks, from an early B car. You will still have to fab the sway bar setup, using a cut down upper plate, A lot of work, but worth it.

bremereric

FMJ Body Moderator
Reaction score
without the swaybar mount, those are on all F,M, J cars.
with the swaybar mount, good luck, they are getting very hard to find, plus they are hard to remove.. I am pretty sure that the Imperials all came with rear sway bars. I have had some of the swaybar tabs made, they must be welded to your upper plate, but that can be done without removing them from the car.
See my ad in Parts for Sale.
An alternative is to remove the iso-mount setup entirely and use shock mount plates, and shocks, from an early B car. You will still have to fab the sway bar setup, using a cut down upper plate, A lot of work, but worth it.
Not entirely true...Firm Feel has some offerings for a rear sway bar....they just don't have any pictures posted on their website yet....give them a call...

http://www.firmfeel.com/fmj.htm

bill55az

Reaction score
You can get swaybar for a car that already has all the brackets, but I will remain skeptical about it until I see the pics showing ALL the parts needed to mount it.

their ad says....
Isoclamp axle mount must be modified or converted to older style axle mount

Last edited:

bremereric

FMJ Body Moderator
Reaction score
You can get swaybar for a car that already has all the brackets, but I will remain skeptical about it until I see the pics showing ALL the parts needed to mount it.

their ad says....
Isoclamp axle mount must be modified or converted to older style axle mount
That's why with a statement like that you call them first to find out what they really mean...when I ordered my islo delete kit they ask me If I was running a rear sway...see you ask a question and you get an answer..I am pretty sure they give you a braket like you have made to weld on

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back