77 woody wagon...... Anybody interested?

Jack Meoff

Mopar Maniac
Reaction score
Sorry...according to my wife if you book way ahead and get a smokin' seat sale it's well over $300 to Winnipeg....which is closer than Saskatchewan.
Lovin' it..

NoCar340

Reaction score
C'mon, man... you've got to know at least one person with the three requirements: a truck (preferably a diesel), a trailer, and a sense of adventure! :icon_biggrin:

It took me a couple of months to arrange the above for my Challenger, and luckily the guy was willing to store it for me once I'd paid for the car. It was a slightly hellish road trip of 2,900 miles in one weekend, but it was worth it... but I really wanted it that badly, too. There aren't a lot of cars I'd have put that kind of effort and expense into obtaining (almost $900 in fuel alone).

Jack Meoff

Mopar Maniac
Reaction score
C'mon, man... you've got to know at least one person with the three requirements: a truck (preferably a diesel), a trailer, and a sense of adventure! :icon_biggrin:

It took me a couple of months to arrange the above for my Challenger, and luckily the guy was willing to store it for me once I'd paid for the car. It was a slightly hellish road trip of 2,900 miles in one weekend, but it was worth it... but I really wanted it that badly, too. There aren't a lot of cars I'd have put that kind of effort and expense into obtaining (almost $900 in fuel alone).

Unfortunately I don't.....
I have one buddy who I could possibly talk into for the adventure part
But I don't think we're getting a Volare wagon in the back of his 87 Ram.
Strike out on the other two....

kkritsilas

Reaction score
I may be interested in the entire package. I cannot commit to this right now, as I am in Montreal, but when I get back to Calgary, I will see if I can get my buddy to take part (he of the 1 ton diesel dually and enclosed car trailer persuasion). I cannot commit to this until I speak to him after I get back in a couple of weeks. I live in Calgary, Alberta.

Kostas

Jack Meoff

Mopar Maniac
Reaction score
I may be interested in the entire package. I cannot commit to this right now, as I am in Montreal, but when I get back to Calgary, I will see if I can get my buddy to take part (he of the 1 ton diesel dually and enclosed car trailer persuasion). I cannot commit to this until I speak to him after I get back in a couple of weeks. I live in Calgary, Alberta.

Kostas

Please....
Kostas grab this damn wagon.
It's hurting me to see it.
If I could swing it it'd be here.
But I can't see swinging it and that thing needs a good home.
Damn that 360 sounds nice....

9secRR

Reaction score
it does need a good home. I hate seeing it sit there and beg to be driven. I have zero time for my R/T never mind the wagon.

kkritsilas

Reaction score
Well if I can get my friend to cooperate, it will get driven, as it will be my daily driver. I just hope I don't have to deal with a cracked windshield issue (again).

Kostas

old yellow 78

Reaction score
So....what ever happened to this Volare woody wagon? It looked very solid underneath, nicely equipped, great that it had the factory 360 - unusual in an F wagon, and the price was REALLY good! Didn't anybody jump on this? Distance really isn't as big of a issue as many people think it is. I flew from Pennsylvania to Colorado to buy OY for a lot more than $800 and then drove it home. Then, this past Spring drove all the way to Oklahoma and back for a complete beautiful plaid interior and a set of road wheels off a black Volare wagon. Both trips were quite an adventure and a lot of fun! I even took a weekend and drove to Virginia to strip another identical '78 Aspen wagon for parts a year or so ago. Well, I hope that great wagon found a good home.

484.jpg
006.jpg
Oklahoma Kansas May 23-30 2015 025.jpg

484.jpg

006.jpg

Oklahoma Kansas May 23-30 2015 025.jpg

9secRR

Reaction score
i sold it to a friend. it was super solid. i would like it back but i don't have enough time for my R/T never mind another car. that wagon drove awesome. i had a blast in it. it didn't give me any problems. drove it everyday. -35*c Saskatchewan winters was no problems.

if i had the money, i would buy it back and restore it.

old yellow 78

Reaction score
Boy, I would have loved to have had that! The 360 is unusual in F wagons in my experience. Back in the late '80's - early '90's I had a '79 Volare Premier woody wagon in dark brown with tan interior. It was pretty much loaded, but had the Super Six and automatic. It was a beautiful car, was quite and smooth, and rode and drove very well. That /6 was really fast too. I put a ton of miles on it and finally sold it to drive my late fathers '76 Aspen SE wagon. I did a lot of work going all through the SE and the FIRST day of driving it to work in Philadelphia, I got rear-ended by a drunk, destroying it.

Back