8 Track Player

furyfrank

Reaction score
OK it is a cassette to 8 track adaptor. Brand new in the original package.

slant6billy

Reaction score
my 8 track and I have 8 track tapes

I've got 50 plus rock n roll 8 tracks, Tull, Kiss, Black Sabbath, Zep, Pink Floyd, Genesis, Yes, Rush, ZZ top.... etc. I think one is fubar, so I'm going to gut it and retro fit it with USB and RCA hidden inputs with a digital hidden receiver inside it.

8 track back.jpg

8 track mopar 1.jpg

80 Aspen RT

Reaction score
Wow, never thought I would ever see anyone messing with 8-Tracks again, still have all of mine 3 tape cases worth!

But honestly ....I don't think I could listen to them any more.

furyfrank

Reaction score
I have a box full of 8 tracks, at least 35 of them any offers ??

WildCat

Reaction score
IMO, 8 tracks are garage art, or car show hardware, not to try and use

What is going to happen when the sticky tape wraps around the wheel inside the player and gets hung up after all the work to install.

Most of the tapes I have are 40 years old and would not think of trying to use them

Put one in the caddy factory in dash 8 track maybe 16 years ago and had a heck of a time getting it back out

Still have 2 cases of tapes, gave Tony Fields one last year for garage art

slant6billy

Reaction score
I'm actually afraid to pull "The Best of Jethro Tull" out of that one. The other one is a cassette, I found out.Either way, I am looking into gutting it, and putting a 35 watt modern sound unit in the 8 track chassis. Something to get the satelite receiver and MP3 stuff and get pumped to a 200 watt mosfet amp. The dude who had this car for a while, well he was a bit more hiphop & dance. When I turn the running lights on with the radio, the speakers have a blue LED -pulsing to the beat. Obviously he was friendly with / one a first name basis with the police................really........

furyfrank

Reaction score
Like I said I have a brand new in carton cassette to 8 track player. So that solves the problem of the tapes.

Back