A Visit To The Dark Side

Jack Meoff

Mopar Maniac
Reaction score
My wife inherited a 2002 Camry. :icon_puke_r:

Hey....it was free, it's in mint shape and runs and drives fine.
It'll be a great grocery getter and all around beater for her and will allow me to keep the Volare from sitting in torrential rainstorms.
It can stay in the garage and come out on nice sunny days.

The problem is with the transfer in ownership it had to go for a safety and guess who had to take it to work today so I could drop it off at my buddy's shop? .....you guessed it. Me!!!!

If there was ever (which there wasn't ) doubt in my mind that maybe I could drive one of these jellybean mobiles it was thoroughly quashed today. I hated driving this thing.

There's no feel. No personality whatsoever. It's basically a plastic blob with a sewing machine motor in it. I almost felt disgusted driving it. So much so that when I got home from work to pick up my wife I immediately swapped cars. She works nights and it isn't really feasible for her to drive to work so I give her a drive. To most people it would've made more sense to just pick her up in the car i was already driving right?

No way man.....i couldn't wait to get out of this thing.
I parked it and fired up the Fifth and ahh......what a relief.
It's fully understood that I could never drive anything except an old Mopar. Dang them imports is nasty.

Visual reference: https://youtu.be/YewhBWwZJHc

jasperjacko

Reaction score
We know you're really a closet toyota LOVER!!!!!!

Jack Meoff

Mopar Maniac
Reaction score
We know you're really a closet toyota LOVER!!!!!!

Okay so maybe I like it.
So what.....what's it to ya?

It's fuel efficient.
It's got a good safety rating.
Good resale value.
And it's rather stylish and peppy.

BWAHAHAHA!!!!!
You couldn't pay me enough to drive one of these bulbous gutless soulless hermaphrodite hybrids.

brotherGood

Reaction score
I own a Toyota..biggest thing is to get over yourself, and realize that while it's not your preference, you've still got those preferred vehicles at home.

I have a Toyota and drive a Chevy too. Keeps my Dodge from being beat on daily.

Jack Meoff

Mopar Maniac
Reaction score
I own a Toyota..biggest thing is to get over yourself, and realize that while it's not your preference, you've still got those preferred vehicles at home.

I have a Toyota and drive a Chevy too. Keeps my Dodge from being beat on daily.

I'd rather make an adult movie for the wrong team then drive this thing everyday......for real.
The Fifth is my beater. Runs and looks pretty good for a 28 year old beater. I look after it well and I'm a pretty good bodyman. I'll drive the Fifth. The other toys get babied.

Last edited:

Aspen500

Reaction score
I didn't know there were any 13 year old Toyota's in existence anymore.................Most have gone to the great scrap yard in the sky after losing the battle with cancer.

If I was dying of thirst, stranded in the desert and crawled past a fully fueled Toyota with the keys in it and a note to take the car if you want it,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,I'd keep crawling. LOL Actually, a buddy of mine back in the '80's always said that except substitute Nova for Toyota. He drove a 1970 Challenger R/T-SE btw.

Jack Meoff

Mopar Maniac
Reaction score
I didn't know there were any 13 year old Toyota's in existence anymore.................Most have gone to the great scrap yard in the sky after losing the battle with cancer.

If I was dying of thirst, stranded in the desert and crawled past a fully fueled Toyota with the keys in it and a note to take the car if you want it,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,I'd keep crawling. LOL Actually, a buddy of mine back in the '80's always said that except substitute Nova for Toyota. He drove a 1970 Challenger R/T-SE btw.

I hear ya brother.
It was almost painful.
I truly hated it.

jasperjacko

Reaction score
Hi...my name is Captain...... and I have a Toyota.....

Cordoba1

Reaction score
The Camry represents the quintessential automotive "appliance." If someone who knows nothing about cars, doesn't care about cars, but needs one to get from a to b, tell them to buy a Camry. For a certain kind of buyer, it would be fine advice. Toyota does know how to build cars with personality, we just don't get them here.. The BT86 comes to mind. (And the Supra of long lost yore.) It's too bad that we don't get more Japanese sports cars on our shore, because when they build them, they're pretty cool. (I'm looking at you, Nissan GT-R, Nissan 370Z, Mazda Miata Club-Edition.) ---- I do like my Honda motorcycle! -----

Master M

Reaction score
Captain Toyota ??? Where's the picture of you in that rattle can ? Sounds like a FOR SALE sign in that window, and only Mopar in the driveway. This just isn't right.

slant6billy

Reaction score
Problem 1: it is a soulless Toyota. Problem 2: OBD2- tattletail technology designed to cost $$$ to the owner. You might need some VooDoo exorcism to cure the situation

Jack Meoff

Mopar Maniac
Reaction score
Captain Toyota ??? Where's the picture of you in that rattle can ? Sounds like a FOR SALE sign in that window, and only Mopar in the driveway. This just isn't right.

Lol....... Like i said.....it's the wife's car.
I want nothing to do with this "vehicle"

Jack Meoff

Mopar Maniac
Reaction score
Problem 1: it is a soulless Toyota. Problem 2: OBD2- tattletail technology designed to cost $$$ to the owner. You might need some VooDoo exorcism to cure the situation

So far so good.
If it becomes too problematic we have an annual demo derby by my trailer park.

Either that or I'll sell it to someone from a sunnier clime.

Aspen500

Reaction score
The only thing to do with Toyota I would ever want is,,,,,,,,,,,,,,Jan from the TV commercials, lol!

Back