Dual Exhaust System Kits

Mr.Lopar

Reaction score
There shoud be NO problem having exhaust exit on both sides just behind back tire ... I had that on the 76 RR i just sold... and if the Exhaust guy says he cannot do it ... take it somewhere else .... dual exhaust exiting one side under rear bumper is Europeon style ... :(

yup you can do that to without moving the tank. this is how my father has the exhaust setup on his 85 5th ave, and its kinda setup like that on my 87 5th ave. mine come down behind the rear tire, but i got long stainless exhaust tips made that follow the bottom of teh 1/4s and exit under past the rear bumper

1976RR

Reaction score
I can honestly say it was not 2 1/2 ... but i do believe it was minimum 2 inch ... possibly 2 1/4....
Now did you look at later F body vehicles ... i thought that later body F bodies they got rid of the hump on drivers side ?? If they did make it without the hump are they interchangeable?

LSM360

Reaction score
I can honestly say it was not 2 1/2 ... but i do believe it was minimum 2 inch ... possibly 2 1/4....
Now did you look at later F body vehicles ... i thought that later body F bodies they got rid of the hump on drivers side ?? If they did make it without the hump are they interchangeable?
My '80 Aspen tank is the same as my '88 Gran Fury. I already moved the tank over and it was not a problem. Just had to pop out the floor pan plugs.

77RTNJ

Reaction score

Any F-body built after 4/1/77 has the M-body style trunk floor and gas tank. No more hump and no more spare tire well either.

1976RR

Reaction score
See there you go .. after owning F bodies for years ... i still know something ... BUT again ... a talented exh guy can work majic on early F bodies to get dual exhaust to rear exiting behind rear tires ...
Thanks 77rtnj for clarification...

fuzbone

Reaction score
I think it sounds great! It was way too quite before. With THREE catalytic converters & a muffler, it was difficult to tell if it was running while idling. I like the looks & sound of duals, so even though it was expensive, it was a must have for me.

Good man, glad to hear that, enjoy!

Back