Dual Exhaust

77RTNJ

Reaction score
joebloe,

we are talking about a huge hump that is located only on the drivers side, not the small hump for the rollover valve. Your tank is considered one of the flat ones. The hump on the early f-bodies is quite large and no one makes a replacement tank,

Kevin

bremereric

FMJ Body Moderator
Reaction score
All I have is pics

scan0002.jpg

scan0003.jpg

scan0004.jpg

large_1979-Dodge-Aspen-RT-rvl.jpg

Last edited:

65 Dartman

Reaction score
The M-body Dodge Magnums from Mexico had dual exhaust down one side just like that. Also pre-production 360 Miradas in America had dual exhaust and its said a few production ones did too. The system looks very factory. The cats look factory and the welds and bends look to good to be a muffler shop job. You may have parted out one extremely rare Cordoba. It may have even come from Mexico. Was the car so bad it couldn't be saved?

The frame rails were extremely rotted. I saved the exhaust system (for a pattern just in case) and the cats looked factory as did the mufflers. The system mounted to the stock manifolds.

8D5 Gran Fury

Reaction score
That is one crazy looking dual exhaust- and hey, bremeric what a memory whiplash moment, SIDEPIPES...

Remow2112

Reaction score
That is so odd that this came up. I bought a 77 T-top a while ago and it had the exhaust system on it connected to headers. It is just a 318 car. I will have to look later and see if it is a hack job or might be factory.

My 77 Volare I had dual exhaust put on with a stock gas tank. Instead of going straight out the back I had them curved and exit just behind the rear wheels.

Dan...

Badasspen

Reaction score
I was able to fit it on my 76 R/T 2" od pipes. I still need to put a couple hangers on it. There are some metal brackets welded on behind the rear wheels that fasten the pipes to the frame at the gas tank to keep clearance, otherwise it will bounce on a hard right turn. Found them on craigslist for $80 complete with tips, flares, and mufflers off the same car without cats. I just changed to the new Thrush mufflers I already had, cut and fit for 3" header flanges, and welded the pipes up. You would be suprised what you can do with a portaband, a pipe vise, and a wire feed.
BTW it helps to be a Plumber/Fitter.

098.jpg

025.jpg

Badasspen

Reaction score
Lucky was finding an F body exhaust already fabbed and in excellent shape locally. You could imagine the exitement.

KSU_wildcatfan

Reaction score
It is great to hear you can dual a Mirada, we looked and couldn't figure out how to do it, will try moving the tank. My exhaust guy went ahead and put singles on it with a glasspack, thought I started up a 82 Civic. So I am asking the pros, what engine mods need to be done on a 81 stock 318 to at least make it sound like it can move? I am glad it didn't have duals when I started it, man, I have never heard a v8 sound so weak in glasspacks.

gearhead4268

Reaction score
New to site I have a 76 RR 360 4sp dual exh both sides of gas tank.It's been in place since 95.Will try to get pics.

droptop

Reaction score
I talked to a guy at Carlisle one year that had duals on his '78 Road Runner. He said he moved the tank over one rib, but had to lengthen the filler tube by adding 2" from another tube. Had he taken the time to smooth out the welds, it would have looked factory.

Back