F-M-J's... The Rodney Dangerfield of Mopars...

Greg55_99

Reaction score
To be brutally honest, F-M-J's just haven't caught on yet.... Browsing Craigslist or any other board, F-M-J's just don't go for silly money. Take a 77 Road Runner and stand it next to a 69 Dart in the same condition... the Dart will get the premium. I say this with much love for the F body. I bought my Volare in 1978. I traded in a somewhat rusty 73 Cuda for it. I've still got the Volare. Of course, in today's dollars, that wasn't such a smart move. Pro's: F-M-J's can be had on the cheap. Con's: They rust out BADLY. I actually went to a big car show this past July and saw a good representation of Mopar Muscle. No F-M-J's though.... Must be the Rodney Dangerfield of Mopars..... We get NO respect......

Greg

bremereric

FMJ Body Moderator
Reaction score
To be brutally honest, F-M-J's just haven't caught on yet.... Browsing Craigslist or any other board, F-M-J's just don't go for silly money. Take a 77 Road Runner and stand it next to a 69 Dart in the same condition... the Dart will get the premium. I say this with much love for the F body. I bought my Volare in 1978. I traded in a somewhat rusty 73 Cuda for it. I've still got the Volare. Of course, in today's dollars, that wasn't such a smart move. Pro's: F-M-J's can be had on the cheap. Con's: They rust out BADLY. I actually went to a big car show this past July and saw a good representation of Mopar Muscle. No F-M-J's though.... Must be the Rodney Dangerfield of Mopars..... We get NO respect......

Greg
We get NO respect......That's why we have our own site now...did you see the respect we got when Joey had this set up on FABO? People told us we should not be there...I remember

Reaction score
E body VS F body

As far as I am concerned the E-bodies are not anything special. At least not worthy of all the extra attention that they get. They came to the market late, they really didn't sell that well which accounts for why they were only built for five years and not in big numbers. The E-Body completely disappeared after 1974 not to be seen again. If it wasn't for the limited availability of the Hemi and a droptop it would have been forgotten by everyone but the true enthusiasts. Now they are owned by the rich and are not much more than high priced trophies. This has left the common guy priced out of the market. You go to any Mopar show and walk the E-Body row and they all look the same. No originality there. As far as being cars are concerned they should have been the ones with the rust bucket poor quality reputation instead of the F-Body being branded that. Want proof just look at the aftermarket parts availability. You can almost build one from repop parts and I believe Dynacorn is about to relaes a repop body. I had a 70 Challenger coupe I'm 1981 that was a rusted out POS. I wasn't impressed with that car at all. I eventually fed her to the crusher. I worked in a salvage yard at the time.
The F-Body on the other hand was built for six years and then morphed into the J and M bodies that soldiered on another ten years. They were better constructed and better engineered than the e-Body with many more variations. Unfortunately for us is that the rich guys who want more tropies will eventually discover the F Kit Cars, Super Coupes, Sport Wagons, R/T's, and Roadrunners. If you got one of these keep it and if that isn't possible pass it along to another enthusiast, not another trophy collector.

ramenth

Reaction score
As far as I am concerned the E-bodies are not anything special. At least not worthy of all the extra attention that they get. They came to the market late, they really didn't sell that well which accounts for why they were only built for five years and not in big numbers. The E-Body completely disappeared after 1974 not to be seen again. If it wasn't for the limited availability of the Hemi and a droptop it would have been forgotten by everyone but the true enthusiasts. Now they are owned by the rich and are not much more than high priced trophies. This has left the common guy priced out of the market. You go to any Mopar show and walk the E-Body row and they all look the same. No originality there. As far as being cars are concerned they should have been the ones with the rust bucket poor quality reputation instead of the F-Body being branded that. Want proof just look at the aftermarket parts availability. You can almost build one from repop parts and I believe Dynacorn is about to relaes a repop body. I had a 70 Challenger coupe I'm 1981 that was a rusted out POS. I wasn't impressed with that car at all. I eventually fed her to the crusher. I worked in a salvage yard at the time.
The F-Body on the other hand was built for six years and then morphed into the J and M bodies that soldiered on another ten years. They were better constructed and better engineered than the e-Body with many more variations. Unfortunately for us is that the rich guys who want more tropies will eventually discover the F Kit Cars, Super Coupes, Sport Wagons, R/T's, and Roadrunners. If you got one of these keep it and if that isn't possible pass it along to another enthusiast, not another trophy collector.

I'm sorry, I find this to be extremely hilarious.

For the bashing we took on FABO, we now get our own site to sit back and bash other Mopars? Your above post reads as bashing the rich and by extension, the E-body.

The F-bodies are gaining in respect. Especially to those of us who have had F-bodies in the past and are realistic about our builds. Every body style has it's issues that need to be studied and overcome to build a car and build it right so that it can survive future generations.

The '76 was junk. It should have come with a warning sticker that said, "caution: will dissolve in water, do not get wet. Do not wash, do not drive in rain, hell, don't even drive it through mud puddles." And it wasn't just the low quality sheetmetal issue, electrical issues were rampant, too. Carb problems plagued the line up. Sorry, Eric, but the '77 only marginally approved upon on this. You've got a beautiful car, there's no doubt about it, but for everyone of yours that's been well maintained and kept in a preserved state there's literally thousands more which have been scrapped due to rail and pan issues or driveability issues that the owner got tired of being nickle and dime'd to the death on.

'78 and '-9 were a vast improvement on the breed, but you'll also notice that kind of corresponded with a more upscale version of the platform in the Chrysler name being attached with the LeBaron and just a year later, '80, the introduction of the J-body with the Chrysler crown jewel name attached, the Cordoba.

These cars were also being built at a time when Chrysler was going tits up and the UAW was helping to send 'em the way of the dodo. The nightmare stories of the some of the low quality build issues that you can get from any dealership line worker at the time abound.

What also didn't help with the late '70s all through the '80s was the government involvement with the EPA and the NHTSA. The introduction of the CAFE standards forced all the auto manufacturers to attempt to get early, unsophisticated computers to work with carburation, something they weren't able to achieve, at all, until fuel injection came along. Then force the 5 mph shock bumpers onto the cars where more crap like road salt, mud, etc can accumulate and you've got more rust issues.

Build quality really didn't truly come up until the mid to late '80s with the M-body 5th Ave. The 5th Ave saw a lot of galvanized sheetmetal. You know, one of those benefits of being rich was the ability to afford an upscale car like the 5th Ave. When you paid that much for a car you didn't want the typical rust issues at the toe boards, the rockers, and where the frame rails at the cowl liked to rot. So Chrysler answered the call with better sheetmetal. With the 5th Ave's being in an overall good condition, even today, they make great donor cars for being able to overcome the issues of the cars before them.

That being said, lets look at some of the design issues that we have to overcome being F/M/J owners, shall we? The front rails and toe boards like to rot because of the bad design on the cowl drains. The front of the rockers like to disappear because of this, too. I don't how many times I've pulled a fender off one these cars to either have the very lower mounting bolt pull through completely or have to chisel or pry the fender off because of the rust.

The tops of the front frame rails, where the inner fenders meet, just below the UCA, gather all the crap from the road. Got bad frame rails, look in this spot. Especially on the right side, where Chrysler ran a shield over top of the fuel lines. That gap provided a good place for crap to accumulate.

Now, don't think I'm looking for the bad in our cars. Like I said at the beginning of my post, I'm realistic. The F-bodies have a damned good aesthetic design, worthy of replacing the A-body in my opinion, on looks alone and better looking than the later beaked-nosed A-'s. A nicely dressed R/T or Road Runner is a helluva sharp looking car, and the potential to make these cars run is the same with all Mopars: it's got a Mopar engine. A little on the porky side, due to the heavy K-frame set up and the huge bumpers, maybe, but still, as witnessed by some of our members here that can be overcome.

Thanks to widespread use in the fleet fields, cop and taxi, the F/M/J platform had literally billions of miles of hard use real world testing done. Speaking to an old Chrysler tech in my area he bemoans the death of the M-body platform. As he said, routine maintenance and wear items were all they worked on. Want a dependable, bulletproof, safe car to put your family in? Buy an M-body.

But getting back to the Chrysler platforms I don't see why it's a competition. I don't know, maybe it's because I have an M-body sitting in my body shop undergoing a complete, and I mean complete, build while I have an E-body Barracuda sitting in my garage at home being protected from the weather. I also have a low production numbers B-body awaiting the day I can begin on it. In the meantime I'm searching out parts and dedicating time to help my nephew build his A-body and his J-body while seeing what I can do to help another nephew bring a turbo Shadow back to life. There's attitudes in every camp, witness your statement.

As far as the comment about the E-body owners being rich....:icon_eek::laughing4: Come on over to FEBO. There's more budget builds going on over there than you'd think and I've seen guys on FABO drop more money into A-bodies than some of the E-bodies are worth. Money is attracted to what it's attracted to. Witness Eric's post on an M-body cop car going for $41.5K. That's more money than I'll have invested in my E-body when it's done. I know a lot of M-body guys who say if you spend more than a grand for a good M-body you've spent way too much...

No, I think the attitudes come more with having a chip on the shoulder. I'm hardly rich, yet I have an E-body. But I'm labeled as one of the snobs. I'm comfortable with building my Diplomat the way I want it as the end result, no matter who says what, because I'm more interested in what I want than please what anyone else wants. Yet I'm labeled an idiot for spending my time and money on an M-body. "It's just a M-body. It's bread basket." I can guarantee you, even on here, in the land of misfits (someone else's words, not mine) I'll get bashed for the home built cowl hood on my Mopar. My low production numbers B-body is a 4 door and worthy of a concourse restoration for being such low numbers yet I have folks who understand this still telling me that I should pull the powertrain and find a two door to build.

At what point do you say to yourself, "I don't give a s*** what others think. I give a s*** about what I think?"

Reaction score
To the point

Hello Robert; I'm not trying to pick a fight with anyone. I also have to say it isn't bashing if it is the truth and you would have a hard time proving my post as untruthful. I lived in your neck of the woods. I am almost fifty. I have spent the last twelve years in central Florida. All the rest was split evenly between the Lowell Massachusetts area and the Burlington Vermont area which is across the lake from you. Most of the time up north I struggled to make a living in the automotive business before finally throwing in the towel and moving to Florida. I've got to say it was the best decision I've ever made. I have owned and driven every Chrysler platform built from 1967 to 1990 and you are absolutely correct in saying that each one has its issues. I have personally run Mopars needing two bumper jacks, one two jack the car up and the second to stuff between the leaf springs and what is left of the rear trunk and frame rails to keep the leaf springs out of the trunk and resting on the bottom of the trunk lid. This gave a few more miles until the torsion bar mounts break and the car slams the ground like a low rider. I've also used bumper stickers and aluminum tape as well as bondo and tiger hair to cover holes. I put cardboard inside doors so there was something for the bondo and tiger hair to bond to and also establish a contour line in an attempt to gain one or two more seasons out of a car. I also subscribed to the winter beater theory where you had one nice car that you saved to drive in the summer and the bondo bucket that you drove six to eight months of the year.
As far as E-Bodies in particular are concerned you are correct there are some in the hands of us common folk, but it isn't us common guys that have driven the prices of them thru the roof. Check the auctions if you want to see who has done that. The E-Body is no better and no worse than any other mopar that has ever been built and that included the F,J,M bodies. I do have to take issue with two of your comments. Of 76 and 77 F-Bodies being junk and the Cordoba being Chyslers crown Jewel. It wasn't the Cordoba that held that distinction but the Imperial and a lesser extent the LeBaron which was added to many Imperial bodies. If we must get technical the 76, 77, and early 78 had the same issues but that hardly makes them junk. I have seen the early ones where the top of the fenders rusted out. And the hood hinge mounts break and the spring falls thru the inner fender. I have seen where the front frame rails rust and the car breaks and the only thing holding it together is the steering column. But in all fairness they were not built any worse than the A-Bodies they replaced or the E's or the C's nor the B's. The only difference is that due to the EPA, CAFE, and NHTSA these cars were built with thinner tin. None of the cars prior to then with the exception of the full size and full frame cars were built with inner fenders that kept road debris off of the under side of the fenders. If you will recall Fords Falcon, Fairlane, Torino, Mustang, Pinto, and Maverick and also the A,B,and E Bodies also suffered from the same rust issues as the early F-Bodies. It just took longer for the damage to show up due to the thicker gauge steel. The imports of the era were even worse. If Chrysler had the fore thought to include the plastic inner fender shields in the 76 to early 78 cars most of the problems with rust would have been averted for at least a few years. As far as carb problems Chrysler wasn't the only one struggling.
I know that this isn't a forum for political commentary so I will keep this short. As far as the rich are concerned, I don't have any problem with them if they became rich by being fair. I guess Bill Gates would be a good example here. To the best of my knowledge and I'm no expert on Bill Gates or Microsoft, but I believe that he made his millions by creating a new quality product and quality service and bringing it to market. He paid his team a fair wage. I have my doubts that anybody at Microsoft makes minimum wage. The one I have a problem with and I will cite a former CEO of one of the largest entertainment companies in the world. He was interviewed by a commentator of one of the news programs. He was asked how he could justify the millions of dollars he took home every year plus stock options and other benefits when those workers on the front lines were having to work two and three jobs just to survive. His response to that question was that he could get monkeys to do what they do. Others have shipped jobs overseas and cut jobs all in the name of a greater profit. They also manipulate our government to pass legislation to make what they do legal. All while this is going on complain about their taxes and about welfare, medicare, and social security. Those are the rich I have a problem with and they are ruining our country. The rich in this country own 90 percent of the wealth.
I like you also own other cars. I have a few A-Bodies, a pair of B's, a pair of M's and some non Chrysler. I have a 74 Charger Rallye that is a 318 with 3 on the tree that is said to be a one of one. I have also resisted the other who have said to change it. But it is numbers matching and will one day get restored.

ramenth

Reaction score
mousehousemoparman said:
Hello Robert; I'm not trying to pick a fight with anyone.

Uh-uh.

mousehousemoparman said:
I also have to say it isn't bashing if it is the truth and you would have a hard time proving my post as untruthful.

Actually, I did prove your post as untruthful. Well maybe not entirely untruthful, but one that wasn't quite full of the truth as I know it. As stated by examples from FEBO and my own experiences not every E-body owner is rich, not every one of the cars is the same. I say open your eyes and take a look around. There's E-bodies as restoration pieces, resto-mods, pro-touring, even old fashioned pro-street, as well as purpose built drag cars, purpose built road course racers, etc. Just the same as there is with any line up.

mousehousemoparman said:
I lived in your neck of the woods. I am almost fifty. I have spent the last twelve years in central Florida. All the rest was split evenly between the Lowell Massachusetts area and the Burlington Vermont area which is across the lake from you. Most of the time up north I struggled to make a living in the automotive business before finally throwing in the towel and moving to Florida. I've got to say it was the best decision I've ever made.

Not sure what this has to do with anything. Or this:

mousehousemoparman said:
I have owned and driven every Chrysler platform built from 1967 to 1990 and you are absolutely correct in saying that each one has its issues.

But it seems to me that you're trying to establish some sort of credibility from the two above statements. If that's the case, maybe I'll lend you some of my credentials:

Starting over twenty years ago I've been professionally paid to do everything to a car except drive 'em and sell 'em. I started off my career detailing cars in local dealership's body shop and worked my up from there. Fifteen years later I was the hard hit guy at another dealership, spending most of my time on the frame wrack, making cars straight again.

I got burned out on body work after spending so many hours pulling frames that I went into general mechanical repairs. From there I worked my way from doing small jobs like brakes and suspension into being a driveability expert at a local Ford dealership spending weeks at a time with just the scanner and a basic set of hand tools in my hands.

Somewhere in all this I also spent close to ten years owning and operating my restoration shop. Building cars from the ground up in some cases, to doing just routine mechanical maintenance. We also did upholstery, convertible and vinyl tops, as well as all major mechanicals. We spec'd our own frames for hot rods and fabbed everything we couldn't find good used or re-popped.

I'm one of the few guys in my age group in this area who knows how to tune a carb, set dwell on a set of points, and still be able to pull a reflash on an OBD-II computer. I'm also the only, yes, the only guy in my area with extensive experience in both body work and mechanical repairs.

And just for good measure I also know what I'm doing when it comes to diesels.

My experience with Chrysler products, be it through ownership or repairs and restorations go from the '50's through today's cars.

Again, I don't know what this has to do with anything, but since you threw it out there...good enough for you?

mousehousemoparman said:
As far as E-Bodies in particular are concerned you are correct there are some in the hands of us common folk, but it isn't us common guys that have driven the prices of them thru the roof.

Actually, I would say there's a more in the hands of the "common" folks than you think. Go to Carlisle and strike up a conversation with a '72-'74 drop mouth owner or a '72-'74 round taillight owner. You'll find out that most of these guys bought the car fairly cheap and was able to restore it fairly inexpensively.

I've also go news for you. The collectibility of the E-bodies has had a bleed over effect on the other lines ups for Mopar. When Pop got the Barracuda sitting in my garage oh so many years ago the only sheetmetal for his Duster (now my nephew's) was the spare tire well floor. Now look at the sheetmetal that's available for the later A-bodies. Look at the sheetmetal that's come online in just the past year for the early A-'s. That's what driving the market forward.

We'll see if there's a bleed over affect on the F-bodies. A-bodies are still out there, easily obtained, rather inexpensively, and easily built, again, rather inexpensively. It's when the market moves a car out of the price range of the "common" folk that next car comes in and fills the niche.

Again, I'm a realist. There will be no bleed over effect, at least in my lifetime, for the J's and M's.

mousehousemoparman said:
As far as being cars are concerned they should have been the ones (the E-body..ed) with the rust bucket poor quality reputation instead of the F-Body being branded that. Want proof just look at the aftermarket parts availability. You can almost build one from repop parts.

mousehousemoparman said:
The E-Body is no better and no worse than any other mopar that has ever been built and that included the F,J,M bodies.

A little backtracking going on?

mousehousemoparman said:
I do have to take issue with two of your comments.

Oh well.

mousehousemoparman said:
76 and 77 F-Bodies being junk

Wrong. Own a few. Talk to the Chrysler techs of the era. These cars were rust prone just sitting on the dealers' lots.

mousehousemoparman said:
and the Cordoba being Chyslers crown Jewel. It wasn't the Cordoba that held that distinction but the Imperial and a lesser extent the LeBaron which was added to many Imperial bodies.

History lesson: the Imperial bit the dust at the end of '75. The Cordoba came on line at the same time the Imperial was shelved. From '76 on the focus of the Chrysler line up was the Cordoba, especially in advertising, with bringing a "name" on board to become the face of the car. Sure, there was still the New Yorker Brougham, which took over the C-body line up for the Imperial, but the NY'er Brougham was also offered cheaper and with less appointments than the Cordoba Crown and the Imperial before it. When the LeBaron name was added back to the line up in '78 on the M-body platform it was still the lesser of the cars between it and the Cordoba. It wasn't until Iacocca decided that the Y-body Imperial should be added back to the line up to carry the flag in '81 that the Cordoba took a backseat.

mousehousemoparman said:
If we must get technical the 76, 77, and early 78 had the same issues but that hardly makes them junk. I have seen the early ones where the top of the fenders rusted out. And the hood hinge mounts break and the spring falls thru the inner fender. I have seen where the front frame rails rust and the car breaks and the only thing holding it together is the steering column.

And this all happened in a span of a few years, or less in the rust belt states, and less than 50,000 miles and you don't consider this junk? While your siting the rust, let's be realistic here. Like I said, the build quality came up in '78, without a lot of the issues the '76s and early '77s were having. This also seems to coincide with the introduction of the M-body and the Chrysler LeBaron and the planning stages for putting the Cordoba name on the J-body. I don't believe it was coincidence. The LeBaron and the Cordoba were going to be sold upscale, and, again, it's that upscale money that "forced" Ma Mopar into correcting the issues.

But it wasn't just rust, as I've stated before. Carb issues abounded. I've even seen one well known Mopar magazine editor put it this: "the '76 F-body had carbs with parts that dissolved in gasoline." Electrical issues were rampant. (Where's there's rust, there's corrosion on electricals.)

mousehousemoparman said:
But in all fairness they were not built any worse than the A-Bodies they replaced or the E's or the C's nor the B's.

Um, yes they were. Hence the reason to bring better quality online with the '78 MY and the introduction of the M-body.

mousehousemoparman said:
...these cars were built with thinner tin.

mousehousemoparman said:
It just took longer for the damage to show up due to the thicker gauge steel.

Again, given your previous statements, you don't see a contradiction here, from your own words?

Except for someone with so much experience in the automotive field you'll understand that these cars were all made of 18 gauge steel, still to that point in time, don't you?

mousehousemoparman said:
The imports of the era were even worse.

Your tangent about the imports is the same as the tangents of bring the other two of the Big Three into the conversation. My focus here is on the Chrysler products and pointing out the weaknesses which need to be overcome in this day in age to make them driveable, enjoyable cars again.

ramenth

Reaction score
I know that this isn't a forum for political commentary...

So why bother?

mousehousemoparman said:
As far as the rich are concerned, I don't have any problem with them if they became rich by being fair. I guess Bill Gates would be a good example here. To the best of my knowledge and I'm no expert on Bill Gates or Microsoft, but I believe that he made his millions by creating a new quality product and quality service and bringing it to market.

Uh-uh. Expect that he also built Microsoft by bring about frivolous lawsuits against the competition for copyright and patent infringements that the competition could afford to defend themselves against. Or smear campaigns. Or leveraged corporate buy-outs. I think you need to do a little more research.

mousehousemoparman said:
He paid his team a fair wage. I have my doubts that anybody at Microsoft makes minimum wage.

So, what's your point? Minimum wage is usually applied to the lowest skill set. Want to increase your wages? Increase your knowledge and skill set.

mousehousemoparman said:
The one I have a problem with and I will cite a former CEO of one of the largest entertainment companies in the world. He was interviewed by a commentator of one of the news programs. He was asked how he could justify the millions of dollars he took home every year plus stock options and other benefits when those workers on the front lines were having to work two and three jobs just to survive. His response to that question was that he could get monkeys to do what they do.

Not sure what this has to do with owning cars.

You're telling me that you have an issue with this same man buying a basket case E-body and then finding a fully skilled and equipped build shop to bring it back to life for him? Would you have the same problem, given your opening statements in this thread if he did so, say, with a Super Coupe or a low productions numbers Volare Road Runner?

In doing so he helps the owner of the shop meet payroll, which keeps his guys employed, buy more equipment, which keeps his vendors employed, all because he openly states that his company is one based on a low skill set?

Then you really must have a low opinion of government sanctioned tax incentive places like your local single stream recycling center which employs the mentally handicapped...

mousehousemoparman said:
They also manipulate our government to pass legislation to make what they do legal.

But then again, maybe not.

But what they hell, they're evil for employing people (or owning E-bodies, or hell, even buying $41,000 M-bodies)

mousehousemoparman said:
All while this is going on complain about their taxes and about welfare, medicare, and social security. Those are the rich I have a problem with and they are ruining our country.

Given all this I still believe my original statement still holds true: it all comes down to having a chip on your shoulder. You seem to think that the rich are ruining the country and by extension E-body owners are ruining the hobby when it's the other way around. The popularity and collectibility of the E-bodies, as I've stated, has had a bleed over effect on the hobby to the benefit of the B- and A-body owners. We'll see if that bleed over continues to the F-bodies (and some of the shared parts). We've seen it with mechanicals with companies like Firm Feel, PST, Just Suspensions stepping up to the plate, but we've yet to see quarters, trunks, etc.

And just to think, when it happens it'll be because the high dollar guys decided the Hemi cars were worth high dollars. When they decide the Super Coupes are, then you'll see it with the F-bodies, and it'll make it that much easier to bring that 318-2bbl powered R/T back to life. Probably with better parts than what was available OEM. Now if I could just convince one of those high dollar guys to think that J-bodies were collectible I could get some urethane end caps for a Cordoba that fit right and last longer than one summer...

But hey, I'm happy that some rich guy with a love for the hobby (and the money he could make off the hobby) decided to step up the plate and started a company like AMD or Firm Feel or PST or...

Reaction score
Robert it is obvious that we both have a different perspective on the state of the hobby, the cars, and the politics of the country. We both have experienced things differently and we could continue to go back and forth indefinitely. I think we can agree to disagree and move on as friends. Gregg

1976RR

Reaction score
F-bodies have been going up in price ..... ONLY if low mileage car , ONLY if original RT or RR ... and/or if has major mods ( that you will never get your money out of )....

Jack Meoff

Mopar Maniac
Reaction score
Well......
The first word that comes to mind is...WOW!
There have been so many threads, posts, etc. on the topics of
Do F,M, J's compare?.. Are they as good... Are they worth anything,?...
It boggles the mind.
My only statement on this is the same one I've said all along.
I love them. I think they're beautiful cars shortcoming's and all.
I REALLY don't give a rat's a** what anyone thinks about my cars
I bought them for me.. not anybody else.
They all have issues but hell, my buddy's piece of crap Rav 4 has had issues.
His is a PITA..... Mine are my "hobby"
I do the work and spend the money on them because "I want to"
Not cause I have to.
I mentioned on an earlier thread that I think F,M, J's are coming into their own to a certain point.
When I first got my 5th nobody seemed to care a whole lot.
Now wherever I go in it, people always crack off about what a "beautiful old classic" it is.
My Caravelle is an all out head turner.

To each his own I say.
I love my M's...
And if all goes well....one day I'll be able to add some F's and J's to my stable too.

roadrunnerman

Reaction score
it don't matter to me if F bodies ever see 6 figure price or not.I own 4 B bodies,2 F bodies, a pu truck and a ramcharger 4x4.I am currently redoing the 4x4 and a 69 RR.When those are done i will start working on my wife's 77 volare premier /6 auto,77,000 original miles.After that it will be a toss-up to do another of my B body or redue my 76 volare RR which was blue when i got it but will go back to the silver metalic.I personally enjoy all the different makes of mopars.If someone comes up to me and says they would never own that kind of car,fine,that's there opinion.
True you don't see many F,M,J cars out there but look when they came back with the VW,all of a sudden evrybody was bringing out their 60's and 70's VW's.
Will the same happen to our cars,maybe-maybe not.I say enjoy YOUR car as long as you own it and not worry what anybody else thinks.If you do sell it and get a good price,good for you,you're ahead of the game.

Jack Meoff

Mopar Maniac
Reaction score
Agreed.
I really do love 'em all.
Brought my 5th to a show last night.
Saw a '59 Saratoga, a '68 Monaco and a '75 Road Runner
All totally beautiful cars.
When I started working on my Caravelle everyone said I was nuts
Cause I'd never see my money back.
My response was..... So?
Still is.
If my car becomes worth a wack of money one day..... Bonus.
If not...... So?

Last edited:

jasperjacko

Reaction score
Drama

C'mon guys, this isn't going to become a drama posting site is it? Most of us would have a cuda or challenger or charger if we could. Theres only so many to go around. I like my Doba , and it's cheap compared to those other cars, but theres no point in envying or disdaining someone else because of their choice of vehicle.

efriedrich

Reaction score
Would I like to have a 70 Charger R/T, uh no shit, do I care that I don't, NO. I love my two M bodies, hell the more crap I here talked about the FMJ bodies the more I like them. Actually you rarely see the FMJ's, I like being unique.

Jack Meoff

Mopar Maniac
Reaction score
Do I want a '70 Charger or a Challenger?
Okay...you'll think I'm nuts.... But..not really
I mean if someone tossed me the keys or I got some mega deal.. Ok
But I'm not dying to have one.
I go to shows all the time and I see so many of them that I kinda find them boring.
I'd rather check out the oddball's.
F's, M's, J's, C body Fury's, etc..
I've seen enough "Muscle Mopar's" to put me into a coma.
Give me something different.
I'd rather check out Friedrich's LeBaron than look at another Road Runner clone.

Don't get me wrong...
I do love 'em all.
But to me there's a whole lotta Mopar to love.
Not just A's and B's.

Back