Firm Feel Products

Duke5A

Reaction score
Okay one off with press! Ugh. Anyone spol weld anything for reassembly?

You just posted that as I got done asking if you had access to a press. After you reassemble the ends with your new bushings you just slide them back on and use a bolt in place of the role pin.

Sub03

Reaction score
That is what I meant was the hardest part, separating the sleeve from the bar.
I made two half-moon shaped pieces of flat iron. The radius of the circle they make when you put them together must match the thickness of the torsion bar. Made holes in them and bolted them tight against the bar, right under the sleeve.
Then I used a hydraulic press and applied a great amount of pressure aganst the bar end, and used the iron pieces as counter-hold.

Alot of rust remover, apply pressure and heat... more rust remover, more pressure and heat some moore...
Hard to explain for me in English, so I made a beautiful sketch from your picture so you get the idea. :p

imagejpeg_0 (1).jpeg

LSM360

Reaction score
Thank you Duke5A and Sub03! Both are off now. I appreciate the pictures too!

I had to borrow a press.

Shortages everywhere I go these days. One hardware store has 2 Grade 8 bolts 7/16" x 2" fine thread but they are out of nylon nuts. Other store nearby doesn't have bolts. I'll find them miles away though. Slowed things down.

Thanks again both of you for all the help!!!

imagejpeg_0 (1).jpeg

Mikes5thAve

Reaction score
Whatcha doing with the old bars?

People with rusty Canucadan cars need to know :)

Nice to see the new ones are going in so soon!

Duke5A

Reaction score
Here is a shot of the pivot shell with a zerk installed. The Firm Feel kit came with this. This was ten years ago though. Their kit may have changed since then.

2013-07-11_18-56-32_607.jpg

Couldn't salvage the bushing from the old bars. Fucker rusted solid.

2013-07-30_20-42-14_661.jpg

It will NEVER happen again. lol.

2013-07-11_17-04-47_498.jpg

LSM360

Reaction score
Car is back on the ground!

Big thanks to Duke5A and Sub03!!! Pics and help was VERY necessary and appreciated.

Fortunately zero rust under my car and yeah you fixed that for good Duke5A! Yes, still come with zerk fitting.

I ran out of time as far as getting the height right where I want it and driving the car. Dang work lol.

I'll update my experience asap.

Thanks again.

LSM360

Reaction score
Damn, you don't waste time!
Haha usually I procrastinate these projects! I told myself 'NOT THIS TIME'!

Can't wait to drive it. Such a tease finishing and not having enough time to even drive.

Also, I still had Chrysler OEM Heavy Duty Police shocks on the car; the ones used from factory on AHB's. Black ones with the Pentastar stamped in and larger piston and firmer. Oil not gas shocks. I went ahead and replaced fronts while in there anyway. Hated to do it but it was time.

LSM360

Reaction score
What shocks are you using?
I wanted to find some real good quality ones that would fit, such as Koni but all I found available now that was somewhat performance was KYB. Had them on another car and they were okay

I drove it today just short distance and feels so good! Clearly need an alignment now, as it's pulling right.

p.s. I don't know why KYB doesn't ship their shocks compressed! What a PITA installing fronts! Had to drop lower control arms.

Last edited:

jasperjacko

Reaction score
kyb says their shocks are vehicle specific, but that's a lie. My car had the same part number as a 440 dodge monaco.

AMC Diplomat

Reaction score
Are you guys using the gray KYB shocks or the black Excel-G ones?

M_Body_Coupe

Reaction score
FYI - I've got the NAPA 'GasRider' shocks here (69704 and 69703), never used, bought them years ago but actually scored the KONI adjustables in the meantime, and of course that's what was put on the coupe.

They are doing me no good, if you can cover the shipping they are yours!

Mikes5thAve

Reaction score
FYI - I've got the NAPA 'GasRider' shocks here (69704 and 69703), never used, bought them years ago but actually scored the KONI adjustables in the meantime, and of course that's what was put on the coupe.

They are doing me no good, if you can cover the shipping they are yours!

I'm.imterested in those. I have 2 cars needing shocks now.

Back