first drive in 2015

Aspen500

Reaction score
Still awaiting the day the car can come back out. Roads not clean of salt, and side streets and gutters full of sand and small rocks yet. Insert a string of expletives and other assorted dirty words here.

What I can do is back it out of the garage and listen to it run for a while and let it get up to operating temp. Not the same as driving but it calms the craving a bit. Think I just might go do that right now.

Last edited:

9secRR

Reaction score
it's not the same as driving but almost as good. i'm done for a month or so. no more c12 fuel. I poured the last bit in my tank to take that video.

Aspen500

Reaction score
Well, didn't do the back it out and let it run for awhile last week. Did it this evening though. They still haven't had the street sweepers out to get the sand and pebbles off the roads yet so no driving,,,,,yet. Good to hear it run again!

Had to do it. At work, I worked on a '98 Trans Am today that was all hot rodded up (hate to admit, it was a damn nice car, built 5.7 LS, 5 speed, 9" rear, "cat delete", etc. Obviously no winters and doubt if it's ever been in the rain). Anyways, hearing it run and a short road test after I was done and,,,,,,,,well,,,,,,,you know.

Come on street sweepers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Hurry up!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Couple pics of the car enjoying a little fresh air, lol.

DSCF0001.jpg

DSCF0002.jpg

Jack Meoff

Mopar Maniac
Reaction score
Looks very nice.....making me jealous now.
Hopefully I'll get the Caravelle and Volare out of slumber this weekend.

slant6billy

Reaction score
those 68 marker lights are the coolest on that f body.

Aspen500

Reaction score
No offense intended to anyone but, I always thought the "corporate" side markers looked cheap and almost an after thought. I thought the '68's were the neatest thing when I saw my dad's new car when I was 4 years old ('68 Coronet which he owns to this day).

Got home this evening and saw that the street cleaners had done ALL the streets now(!). Early tomorrow morning, the car IS coming out. Was tempting to take it out this evening but I don't even like driving my Dakota in Friday evening traffic if I can avoid it. You spend as much time sitting still as actually moving. I get home from work around 5pm and stay there! Some of you probably know the feeling, lol.

Jack Meoff

Mopar Maniac
Reaction score
Sounds like here....
I'm lucky cause I work pretty close to home but trying to get from one end of the city to the other at rush hour here is an event.

Aspen500

Reaction score
Did a roughly 10 mile loop this morning. All seemed well. Felt good to sit behind the Tuff wheel again in something with at least 3 times the power under my right foot as the V6 Dakota! Not to mention, a 500" (8.2L) BB sounds a whole lot better than a 3.9L (237 ci)V6.

Jack Meoff

Mopar Maniac
Reaction score
Man I'm getting so jealous now.....
My plan was to get the Caravelle out of storage today but with this stupid birthday party and all I don't think I'm gonna have time......grrrrrrrr!!!

Aspen500

Reaction score
I'd be seriously happy if I can EVER eliminate my rear main seal leak. I've had it apart 3 times. Last time I put in a Mancini rear bearing with the slots for oil control, a modified Mancini rear seal retainer (machined off the portion below the seal to allow oil drain back like a stock retainer). Still got a couple drops of oil. Never leaks at idle or low speed/rpm, only on the freeway or if I rod onit some. Way better than it was previously but...............................I see there's a new single split (basically one piece) seal with dual lips out now form Fast Fish Auto. Figures, why didn't it come out a year ago? lol

Anyways, despite that on going irritation, the bugs are out of everything else finally. Guess I just need to clean the bell housing and front of the trans pan off after every drive. Oh well. Big block Mopar is the single hardest engine ever built to get the rear seal to NOT leak. If you Google or Bing search "440 Mopar rear main seal leak" you'll come up with about a gazillion results. At least it's not just me!

Last edited:
Back