Front iso pucks

MiradaMegacab

Reaction score
Shorty, they are oval. These dimensions are at the widest point.

1377355819444.jpg

NoCar340

Reaction score
The '73-up B-body/'79-'81 R-body isolators are the same, but they're reversed front-to-rear. No '72 B-bodies were built with the rubber-mounted K-frame. It was introduced for the '73 model year.

Another option is to use your original washers and steel tubing to make your own solid mounts. Accounting for the thickness of the washer, cut a section of 2.5" DOM tube the appropriate length and weld it all together. A smaller piece of pipe in the middle to keep the bolt centered is a good idea; only weld it on one end so you can drop the bigger pipe into place and weld it on both sides. Do not use exhaust tubing for this idea. It's too thin. The tubing should be at least the same thickness as the washers.

Solid mounts really firm up the car's chassis while making very little difference in ride quality. Plus, once you've mounted the K solidly, you can eliminate the steering shaft's rag joint for added engine-bay clearance.

72Dodge

Reaction score
I just picked up the poly ones from ESPO for my Mirada. Look like nice pieces. Very hard, for me it was a great alternative to spending $225 for the Firm Feel ones. $83 shipped to me.

My imp

Reaction score
Are they the round ones? I called them & they told me they no longer sell the oval ones. I returned the round ones that Summit gave me with the right part #, & was standing there while he contacted Energy Sus. They said they no longer offered the oval ones for our car.

72Dodge

Reaction score
Well, all 4 are round, but 2 of them have cut off sides, so sort of oval. I told Laura at ESPO specifically the car they are for. Will these not work? I have to leave right now, but can get a picture of what I received later, tonight or tomorrow.

My imp

Reaction score
IDK, but I do know that I bought the same ones from Summit. I took them back because the photo showed the oval ones. Summit called Energy Sus while I stood there. They said those didn't fit our cars & that they'd dropped our cars from the lineup. I tried all F, M, J, Y, R, etc., & they said they wouldn't work on our cars, that they only fit '73-'78 B bodies. I purchased the Prothane bushings from Summit. They sound identical to the ones you got from Energy. Prothane specifically said these fit our cars. The only difference is the price. I live 1/2 an hr. from Summit, so I always pick my stuff up same day. The Prothane's only cost $54 & change, so if you wanted to return you can. They come with new sleeves & washers, I don't remember if Energy's do? IDK if you'd come out ahead sending them back & getting them from Summit or not.

NoCar340

Reaction score
Strange... the B-body units are the exact same as R-bodies, and the FMJ parts should fit if switched front-to-rear. I positively know that's the case with the solid-aluminum parts as they're the same as the old Direct Connection/Mopar Performance kit except material (the MP kit was cast iron). The MP kit was listed for the FMJ cars, but the instruction sheet noted that for use in B & R-bodies, put the front ones out back & vise-versa. All three of the MP kits I had clearly had "FRONT" and "REAR" cast right into the parts.

Summit's applications are goofy in some cases, but they're only as good as the what the vendors tell them. The people doing data entry, by and large, are not well-versed in interchangeability.

My Imp: on your visits to Summit, have you ever seen my friend Ed's nasty black '69 Charger R/T? 492 stroker w/MPFI, 6-speed, 3.33:1 Dana 60 (the original rearend).

72Dodge

Reaction score
Maybe this is immaterial, but I'm confused by the references to Energy Suspension. I got mine from ESPO (Springs n Things). Are theirs sourced from Energy? I did measure the poly ones I have and they seem to correspond to the measurements listed previously in this thread, so it seems to me they would work. Anyway, when I get home I'll get a pic of what I received.

My imp

Reaction score
My bad, I thought when you referred to ESPO you were referring to Energy Suspensions. From the sounds of it, we have the same thing. The footprint of the ones I have are slightly smaller than the oval factory ones, but with the extra hardness of the material, I'm assured these will work. Did yours come with new sleeves & washers? Mine are all the same size with (2) sides shaved into a double D shape (not cup size). The inside male & female slots are oval w/round holes for the sleeves.

72Dodge

Reaction score
Yep, sounds the same. I thought before at a glance that they were different, but all 4 of mine are the same. So in that case, there would be no "front to rear swap" issue, I assume?

I sure hope these work....

IMG_8848crop.jpg

IMG_8848crop.jpg

My imp

Reaction score
Me too, because that's the set I have! As soon as my back stops feeling like there's an ice pick sticking out of it I intend to install them! Got another nerve block today, & I have an RFA (Radio Frequency Applassia) block scheduled for the day after Christmas, so after that, by the grace of God, & the aid of some awesome narcotics, I should be able to get them in! Will keep you posted.

72Dodge

Reaction score
Thanks, looking forward to hearing how it works out, since I won't get to mine until Spring.

Hope you feel better soon. I'm having some back trouble right now too, but it sounds like yours is much worse, I don't envy anyone with back problems, they're the worst.

72Dodge

Reaction score
Ugh, yep... here's the Summit ones, just like the ones I got, except $30 less (since I got free shipping with the big Summit order I made on the same day as I ordered the mounts from ESPO). Crud. Well... once I pay the shipping back, and eat the shipping to me, I'd only save $6, so I'll just keep them. ESPO has treated me right in the past, so... we'll call it even I guess.

http://www.summitracing.com/parts/ptp-4-101-bl/

Now why would they list them as Cordoba only through '81? I don't know for sure, but I think '82 & '83 Cordoba/(Mirada) would be the same also.

MiradaMegacab

Reaction score
A little helpful hint.
Drill a 1/8" hole in the framerail, spray some Liquid Wrench/ PB Blaster on the threads of the 4 bolts that you will be removing to swap the mounts.
You don't want to strip or spin the internal nut.

My imp

Reaction score
A little helpful hint.
Drill a 1/8" hole in the framerail, spray some Liquid Wrench/ PB Blaster on the threads of the 4 bolts that you will be removing to swap the mounts.
You don't want to strip or spin the internal nut.
Cano Kroil!lol

Back