Front iso pucks

CM360

Reaction score
Is there anyway to not use the K member Iso pucks? FFI has a aluminum kit but can't they just be eliminated altogether or will the geometry be affected?

jasperjacko

Reaction score
Your steering column might bind. The engine will be higher and the trans bell housing may hit the firewall. The fan my hit the shroud on the radiator, just the name a few things that com to mind.

Mr.Lopar

Reaction score
x2
Just get the aluminum ones
they're easy to put in and once they're in its like eliminating them

Shorty Thompson

Reaction score
Your steering column might bind. The engine will be higher and the trans bell housing may hit the firewall. The fan my hit the shroud on the radiator, just the name a few things that com to mind.

X3 . Your steering " will bind " , Your bellhousing " will hit " the firewall . Get some aluminium spacers .

MiradaMegacab

Reaction score
Is there anyway to not use the K member Iso pucks? FFI has a aluminum kit but can't they just be eliminated altogether or will the geometry be affected?
Just curious, what are you trying to do?
Adjust ride/engine height?

CM360

Reaction score
I am prepping the Aspen for Stock Eliminator. I want to eliminate any forces that delay putting power to the rear wheels. Some of my former race cars had solid aluminum bushings in the leaf springs for firm up the suspension and have no energy deflections. Since Chrysler was looking for a comfortable/isolated ride, eliminating the rubber was my first thought. Want as much weight transfer as possible. Doing the full CalTracs suspension.

MiradaMegacab

Reaction score
Firm Feel has cast aluminum K frame mounts, as you know. But you can make your own out of aluminum bar stock(6061,7075) some metal supply houses scrap the small pieces they can't sell. Maybe make your own.

jasperjacko

Reaction score
I have a loose set somewhere, I think. My brother is a machinist, I'll ask about what it would take to make a set.

MiradaMegacab

Reaction score
CAM00061.jpg
Firm Feel is 1 5/16 tall

CAM00061.jpg

My imp

Reaction score
Under which car? The other measurements can be used from the old pieces, but installed thickness is different than un-installed.

My imp

Reaction score
They list them for a '73 Charger, are they the same? My (early) '72 Charger didn't use them. They started in (late) '72. Both my '72's are early, so I'm SOL.

Back