Mechanic vs Customer

slant6billy

Reaction score
I gave up helping friends and family for this reason. Too many times I was just trying to simply state the obvious and I got, "Well I'll go to the dealer." I have 3 buddies with shops locally. I've recommended my buddies over the more popular route. I guess you can't fix stoopid. I even said to my sister last time, " I'll tell you what you'll need to do with your car, but I'm going to tell you the opposite so you will spite me and thus do it right." It is to the point, I cannot convince folks to step in out of the rain. So I gave up. Just today, My friend took his Honda into the dealer and is worried about the quality of the work at the dealer. I said not to worry, they'll just break it and bill you for it. all under the labor rate/ time by the book.

Jack Meoff

Mopar Maniac
Reaction score
I have a buddy with an 87 Ram....cool old truck but it runs like absolute crap. I've offered to do a tune up and clean up the carb and fix the half assed jury rigged linkage attached to it.....but nope. He says it's all fine and what he really needs is an MSD ignition box and chrome valve covers....yep that'll do it.
I've given up and everytime he bitches about his truck I tell him to go buy an MSD setup....that'll fix it right up. I offer to help and you argue with me. Fine....screw ya. I'm offering to fix it for nothing. Same guy who brings all his rides to jiffy stooge for oil changes and goes to our version of auto zone for service.....can't fix stupid....

Superpac Ninja

Reaction score
That is the funniest thing ive watched in months ,,man i laughed ,,bad part is i can feel for both sides of the argument ,ive gota make one of those videos for sure

Jack Meoff

Mopar Maniac
Reaction score
That is the funniest thing ive watched in months ,,man i laughed ,,bad part is i can feel for both sides of the argument ,ive gota make one of those videos for sure

I just feel for the mechanic. Too many clowns who think they know what's going on. I know a few brilliant mechanics who have to go through that shit all the time.

Superpac Ninja

Reaction score
Ive been in this debate before ,it really depends on the mechanic and the customer ,just because you have a certificat on the wall dont mean your always correct and or treat customers properly ,some over charge ,its like any buisness out there you will get a couple bad apples in the barrel theres no disputing that fact ,as well as bad customers as well ,im sure more than a couple customers are idiots for sure and blame mechanics for there hamburger at mcdonalds being made inncorect ,lol ,,im a professional my self with a wall of certificats but i make mistakes still ,,its the human factor

Jack Meoff

Mopar Maniac
Reaction score
Agreed....
I'm not talking about some zit faced Auto Zone putz though
I'm talking about knowledgeable mechanics who know their shit being peached to by some clown who knows a buddy who knows a guy who said.....
Happens a lot.

Jack Meoff

Mopar Maniac
Reaction score
I'm not even a professional mechanic and my friends make me nuts.
There's a saying......"a little knowledge is a dangerous thing".

Jack Meoff

Mopar Maniac
Reaction score
Some classic WTF mechanic moments.......

Customer said brakes weren't working well.....

RATS!!!

YEJNdPH.jpg

YEJNdPH.jpg

Jack Meoff

Mopar Maniac
Reaction score
Somebody's Beemer at 102,000 miles after scheduled oil changes at Jiffy Stooge using their "house brand" synthetic.....

ettlizi-1.jpg

KXgs5qW-1.jpg

cW1cGQy-1.jpg

vk0jR5s-1.jpg

ettlizi-1.jpg

KXgs5qW-1.jpg

cW1cGQy-1.jpg

vk0jR5s-1.jpg

ramenth

Reaction score
Agreed....
I'm not talking about some zit faced Auto Zone putz though
I'm talking about knowledgeable mechanics who know their shit being peached to by some clown who knows a buddy who knows a guy who said.....
Happens a lot.

Been there done that.

Usually with someone who's got a family member who's a mechanic.

Then take it to your family member. Oh, that's right, your family member want work on your cars because you're giving him the same attitude you're giving me and told you to take a hike a while ago.

Jack Meoff

Mopar Maniac
Reaction score
Been there done that.

Usually with someone who's got a family member who's a mechanic.

Then take it to your family member. Oh, that's right, your family member want work on your cars because you're giving him the same attitude you're giving me and told you to take a hike a while ago.

Absolutely correct!!

Back