MoPar Bracket for 100 amp alternator and A/C

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kaitsu

Reaction score
Contact seller
Hello! My first post here so I hope I can get help here!

I´m looking for the bracketry found on I guess police cars, it´s the plate that bolts on block, the alternator and front of AC compressor. I´d also like to have all the brackets made for the front plate (AC rear mount, alternator rear brackets and the support from bracket plate to block).

I heard there are many police cars for sale here so I thought to give it a shot.

Thank you beforehand,
-Kaitsu

Kaitsu

Reaction score
I´m sorry, I forgot to mention the most important thing in an ad: So the car I have is Dodge Aspen SE -80 with 318 engine. I looked up MoPar parts catalogue of 1980 and it showed that if one wants a 100 amp alternator, its the same bracket all along.
I was told to look under the hood of Police car and taxis since it should be most common uses for the bigger alternator.

If someone doubt if they´ve got the parts I´m looking for, I´m more than happy to deliver pictures of the pages showing the whole thing.

LSM360

Reaction score
Not a real close up picture but one I have on my computer of my '80 Aspen police package with 360 and factory large alternator.

sell 003.jpg

Kaitsu

Reaction score
YES! Exactly what I´m looking for. LSM360, do you remember what kind of bracket were there "behind" the AC compressor plus is there an another bracket that supports the alternator from behind? But yes, that´s exactly what I´m looking for.

Kaitsu

Reaction score
How common these type of parts usually are? I hope someone would offer me the whole bracketry for a good deal?

LSM360

Reaction score
YES! Exactly what I´m looking for. LSM360, do you remember what kind of bracket were there "behind" the AC compressor plus is there an another bracket that supports the alternator from behind? But yes, that´s exactly what I´m looking for.
Well shoot, I can't be much help now. The car is at the shop getting the front end rebuilt so I can't go out and look. I don't recall if there is another bracket behind the alternator. It'll be a couple of days before it's down off the lift and I can look. There was something supporting the compressor behind, but I again, I can't be much help here. I think it went to the block to support it, but it's been a few years now and I just don't remember. I don't come across these for sale when I am searching Mopar parts, but hopefully a member may have one, or the guy Capn suggested.

Kaitsu

Reaction score
img002.jpg
img001.jpg
Here´s the page containing information about AC and alternator brackets with the alternative assemblies. Just if that can helps anyone:) I have the full catalogue of 1980 as well as 2 auto shop manuals if anyone needs advice as it was ment to be given at the time of mullets, pastel colors and Miami Vice.

img002.jpg

img001.jpg

Last edited:

Kaitsu

Reaction score
So, I haven´t been so lucky at the hunt for magic OE brackets. I now found that plenty of sites have had them, but now they´re discontinued at every place. However, I found one Ukrainian-Russian-Chech-Romanian site that sells them.

Are these total scams or has someone actually tried them? Feels so odd that I can´t find nothing with all the classifieds there in The States but they´ve got _New_ parts.

The site is "Olimpia-auto.ua" you can check out with part number (0)4100 604 and it tell you that the part is Chrysler made and (German language) Halterung Licht, which means like light holder/bracket.

Studying Russian and German finally paid off after 2 years of nonsense...

LSM360

Reaction score
I know nothing of that site. How do you pay? Is Paypal available internationally. That would be helpful in protecting you. Do you check ebay? Sometimes this kind of stuff pops up on Ebay, but finding someone willing to ship to you might be difficult.

Kaitsu

Reaction score
No, they have something of their own. They wanted me to either send the money with mail or with wire transfer. Didn´t understand when I asked to see a photo of "halterung licht". Thats either some east european way or it´s a scam.

Kaitsu

Reaction score
Yeah, I already forgot about it. I mean, when these cars were manufactured, I believe not one of them got into Warsaw pact countries. I forgot about it and went back to step one: wait and see if someone someday has the bracket.

LSM360

Reaction score
Looking at the diagram you posted, and the footnotes. I didn't see anything indicating different brackets for the 100 amp (Police) alternator. Your brackets won't work for the high amp alternator?

Kaitsu

Reaction score
New try: parts hunters. I now made wanted ad on the bracket for junk- and salvageyards across The States and Canada. We shall see what these guys can do...

Kaitsu

Reaction score
Thanks for the clue. However, I live chatted with some of the junkyard fellas, and one of them claimed having the bracket. He sent me photo on email and it was someones own fabritcation. The web chatters were usually very straight to point in the replies, almost felt like I was talking to a computer. What info do I need to give local blacksmith for making custom bracket?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back