MoPar Bracket for 100 amp alternator and A/C

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jack Meoff

Mopar Maniac
Reaction score
I would think you could bring one the diagram you posted on post #10.
Did you try F body deconstructor Jim yet?
I posted the link on post #8.

Kaitsu

Reaction score
Yea I tried Jim, didn´t got it. I browsed through the car-part.com and there were only alternators without brackets and donor vehicles gotten rid of, or then it was some weird looking bracket. It was really hard to ask the people questions cause their first post in chat was "yes I have it 30$". I always thought Americans were good at customer service.

Kaitsu

Reaction score
Mkay. Now I got the number right. Talked to Nigel, said he should have the one but needs to confirm before he can promise anything. Seemed like a nice guy in what we get to spoke on phone with each other.

Last edited:

LSM360

Reaction score
Kudos to Capn. Hope he does have one.

Americans and Customer Service? Ha, not anymore. Down the toilet along with good work ethic, responsibility and alot of other things.

Kaitsu

Reaction score
Thanks Cap, got the wheels moving again with the assist of Nigel. The price wasn´t ass salting at all. Only the time that was spent on searching, comparing and waiting answers was redicolous, but now I´ve got it "LSM360 style". This thread should be moved to somewhere where people could see that if you seek, in time, you shall find.

Kaitsu

Reaction score
By my previous message, I didn´t mean it was searching, comparing and waiting with Nigel, but as with total time and effort seeking just one part. Went from local yards and auctions to Russian and Ukrainian websites to search engines and parts hunters on the web just to find that all the answers were here where I started my 2 months of hunt.

Kaitsu

Reaction score
LSM, have you got your car back from the shop yet? If so,could you check how long and wide your belts are for alternator/AC/cranks pulley? We don´t get to try them on before we buy em here in Finland so I´d need to know what I need before going to local gas station.

Kaitsu

Reaction score
I got my bracketry today from National Moparts. It is as good as one could be after a retirement at a junkyard. However, when you look at the parts catalogue photo and focus on the AC rear mount, it seems like there should be separate threaded bar in where the nut goes to. I don´t know what the idea of that is, but it could be done with a normal bolt as well, right?

I hereby condemn my bracket hunting season over and have myself a nice can of Bud. Not Bud lite, but The Bud.

Kaitsu

Reaction score
Oh well, tomorrow I start ATC hunting season. I wonder if Captain Caravelle had the ATC system in his Aspen when he gave a pic from his interior. I don´t find any information other than ATC being the most luxury Air condition system Chrysler had to offer for bigger passenger cars of 1980. However, I don´t think it would not be impossible to find a full working ATC system from some guy...

Kaitsu

Reaction score
Damn:/ ATC is mentioned in 1980 parts catalogue and it is part of Air Conditioner service in shop manuals. However, I can´t find it in 80 Aspen sales brochure as an option. It is a weird installation mr. N from NationalMoparts warned me not to want on my Aspen project because of sensor issues. It is also weird it is "semi- automatic temperature control" on service manual but "automatic temperature control" in parts catalog and in spoken language. Worth examinating, servicing and assemblying to me though.

Kaitsu

Reaction score
Okaay. Now I´m confused. The link clearly states that no ATC were introduced pre-1986. You think SATC would be morecorrect term for the 1980 passenger cars? What year is your 5th?

Jack Meoff

Mopar Maniac
Reaction score
For your 80 this is probably what you want.

dscf2328.jpg

dscf2332.jpg

dscf2328.jpg

dscf2332.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back