Mopar Of The Day

Mr C

Reaction score
I love my 'doba. They used to be everywhere, and now they're getting pretty hard to find. I love that RMB too...such a shame it got smashed.

HPIM2259.jpg

greyghost

Reaction score
My brother still has a '79 black Cordoba with 12,000 miles on it! He's the second owner and before you ask I know his wife wants him to sell it but he's not willing! There's a saying in our family though "If Momma aint happy...ain't nobody happy!"

greyghost

Reaction score
I've always had an affinity for '60's Mopars! In the summer of '76 I went with a buddy to a salvage yard to get a part for his '66 Chevy Biscayne. We found his part and I left with this '65 Plymouth Satellite and about $180 lighter in the wallet. I couldn't wait to drive the car up to Tomah, WI and show it off to my brother (the one I've been referring to about the Mopars). He's the one with the glasses and I'm the guy in the white cap.
Roger, me & my 65 Plymouth.jpg

Roger, me & my 65 Plymouth.jpg

Jack Meoff

Mopar Maniac
Reaction score
I've always had an affinity for '60's Mopars! In the summer of '76 I went with a buddy to a salvage yard to get a part for his '66 Chevy Biscayne. We found his part and I left with this '65 Plymouth Satellite and about $180 lighter in the wallet. I couldn't wait to drive the car up to Tomah, WI and show it off to my brother (the one I've been referring to about the Mopars). He's the one with the glasses and I'm the guy in the white cap.
View attachment 8906

Very cool shot!!
I remember my brother in law bought a 64 belvedere in I think 1974 for $70
The good ol days.......

slant6billy

Reaction score
Nice Pic. A whole 180 bucks- so cool.

My bro is pretty much a stick in the mud lately. He had a 73 Grand Fury Coupe and a 71 Dart. The Dart was rough, but the Fury was clean as hell. The old stick in the mud won't admit how much fun it was going to see RUSH in the Fury back in the day (Grace Under Pressure Tour).

greyghost

Reaction score
My bro is pretty much a stick in the mud lately. He had a 73 Grand Fury Coupe and a 71 Dart. The Dart was rough, but the Fury was clean as hell. The old stick in the mud won't admit how much fun it was going to see RUSH in the Fury back in the day (Grace Under Pressure Tour).

Ahh yes! I still like to throw an old Rush cd into the player! Hey check out this '39 (I think) Plymouth business coupe. The High And Mighty was the first Ramchargers drag car! Check out the homemade hi-rise intake made with radiator hoses!
Ramchargers 2.jpg
Homemade Hi-Rise 1.jpg

Ramchargers 2.jpg

Homemade Hi-Rise 1.jpg

Jack Meoff

Mopar Maniac
Reaction score
quote_icon.png
Originally Posted by jasperjacko
What's up with the rear leaf suspension in the front of the top pic?lol

It's photo shop'd ... check out the rear c piller

front is a transfer case and leafs

I can't find it on the web anymore but a few years back I downloaded the same pic for a screensaver on my old Mac.
It's large and very high res....I've been in the printing trade for over 30 years and to me it looks airbrushed......which leads me to believe that it's an old promo pic from Chrysler. On the one I have it has a black border top and bottom like a widescreen movie would and on the bottom in one corner it says "Plymouth.....a great car from Chrysler Corporation" and has the Chrysler Corp logo in the other corner......

Just my hunch but what I think that shot might be is a prototype.....maybe even a clay one??? Just my hunch...

Mr C

Reaction score
Gents, the High and Mighty was a 1949 model.

Jack Meoff

Mopar Maniac
Reaction score
I'm also a big fan of the overlooked more door plain janer's too.

So today's Mopar is.....

1970 Plymouth Valiant.....

1.jpg

Valiant-Side.jpg

9.jpg

1970_Plymouth_Valiant-04-05.jpg

valiant.jpg

1.jpg

Valiant-Side.jpg

9.jpg

1970_Plymouth_Valiant-04-05.jpg

valiant.jpg

Last edited:

Superpac Ninja

Reaction score
I'm also a big fan of the overlooked more door plain janer's too.

So today's Mopar is.....

1970 Plymouth Valiant.....

View attachment 8918

View attachment 8919

View attachment 8920

View attachment 8923

View attachment 8924
The interior blue car ,now it cant be an old pic because of the quality so im assuming its a newer photo ,if this is true ,ive never seen seatbelts so nos that there still in the plastic and installed WOW ,! I love it
What a great touch show quality winner for sure

Jack Meoff

Mopar Maniac
Reaction score
The interior blue car ,now it cant be an old pic because of the quality so im assuming its a newer photo ,if this is true ,ive never seen seatbelts so nos that there still in the plastic and installed WOW ,! I love it
What a great touch show quality winner for sure

Good eye my friend....

That black Valiant (with the blue interior) was restored by Dave Walden.
The detail of this guys restos are mindblowing. He's won countless awards.
He did everything from recreating the overspray to all the markings done while it was going down the assembly line to matching the factory undercoating and perfectly matching the orange peel. He even made a chemical cocktail and left it in the car for an extended period of time to recreate the "new car smell" Just incredible work.

greymouser7

Reaction score
not sure if this is the largest car engine displacement, but has to be for a four cylinder: 28.5 liters

Captain, can you put the gif into the thread properly? http://imgur.com/t/cars/NlJPdX3

"A "standard" car engine has a displacement of somewhere between 2.0 and 3.0 liters. This monster engine has a displacement of 28.5 liters, and it's an inline four to boot.

The sound this thing makes is the sound of hell and fury so make sure you check out the source: http://vimeo.com/113158655 "

Great googly moogly!

Back