New Dukes of Hazard

Jack Meoff

Mopar Maniac
Reaction score
Cap'n you forget that the "politically correct" types, and those who want to get rid of the Confederate flag (actually, it is the Battle Flag of the Confederacy) won't look up the history of the flag, nor will they listen to anything factual about it that doesn't already fit with their own pre-conceived, twittered to death, beliefs. Same sort of rampant ignorance runs amuck with the whole global warming garbage: "Don't bother me with real facts, I read on Twitter, Facebook,......etc. and I know" sort of stuff.

Their agenda is blatantly obvious to anyone with a few brain cells. Unfortunately those folks are becoming few and far between.

I just had a fascinating chat with a coworker who told me what this flag was really about. It's about the KKK don't ya know?
He read it on the Internet. When I told him what the flag was really about his response was "Oh who cares? " and then went back to reading his twitter page.

Are we truly this doomed?

kkritsilas

Reaction score
Most people can't think their way out of a paper bag. The internet was supposed to help people become more aware, unfortunately, with the rise of social web sites, the ignoramuses of the world have found the ideal place to congregate, and have gained far more influence than they had ever expected. A communication system that is as easy to use, and reaches so many people, is a double edged sword, it can be used to bring serious, thoughtful, insightful discussion, or to spread ignorance and intolerance of other's opinions. Seems like most of the time, it is being used for the latter purpose.

Back