IMG_3112.jpg

IMG_3106.JPG

IMG_3107.JPG

IMG_3109.JPG

IMG_3111.JPG

IMG_3112.jpg

jnsteelwagon

Reaction score
its a true street car and it has really good street manners. I swear it surprised me at how good it behaves when driving it in traffic. it never got above 180 degrees and it was 94 degrees outside today. the pic of the car launching was taken at the local dragway. it ran a 7.452 at 93 mph in the 1/8th mile with 3.73 gears. i was told the car was spinning when this happened but the old guy said no it hooked fine. as you can see, I think it did.

jnsteelwagon

Reaction score
thanks Capt.

I wanna do a little dressing up on the interior. I like the race look but it needs some carpet. It came with a roll cage kit as well. I am going to have it installed since it has the pro street style door bars.

jnsteelwagon

Reaction score
one thing that I really thought looked good was the front bumper. it is a 73-74 duster fiberglass bumper, and I can not believe how well it tucks into the body and looks factory. good info for guys wanting to "smooth up" the front end.

Jack Meoff

Mopar Maniac
Reaction score
one thing that I really thought looked good was the front bumper. it is a 73-74 duster fiberglass bumper, and I can not believe how well it tucks into the body and looks factory. good info for guys wanting to "smooth up" the front end.

I just noticed that.....
That's very cool!!

Mr.Lopar

Reaction score
that's nice, but to bad the carpet n seats were ripped out
its cool the a-body fiberglass bumper fits, but its just too flat IMO

jnsteelwagon

Reaction score
that's nice, but to bad the carpet n seats were ripped out
its cool the a-body fiberglass bumper fits, but its just too flat IMO

I have a another rear seat from a 78 aspen wagon available to me for free if I choose to go that route, and carpet is not a big deal. we have a fantastic upholstery guy in our car club here in town. that guy can freakin do anything and is fair with his pricing.

I'm thinking about just leaving the rear seat out and doing carpet all the way back after the cage install. its a street car for me first, because I have a race car already. however, I am still a racer, lol!

72Dodge

Reaction score
Awesome wagon! Can you please give some details on your small block? I'm very interested in hearing about it.

Also, are you running B-body rear suspension setup, or...? (I can't quite tell from that pic).

I agree about carpets, they would liven up that interior a lot, and it doesn't add much weight.

I love this wagon, very very cool car.

jnsteelwagon

Reaction score
Awesome wagon! Can you please give some details on your small block? I'm very interested in hearing about it.

Also, are you running B-body rear suspension setup, or...? (I can't quite tell from that pic).

I agree about carpets, they would liven up that interior a lot, and it doesn't add much weight.

I love this wagon, very very cool car.

thanks to everyone for the kind words.

the engine is a 340 stroked to 410 or 416? whatever a .040 overbored 340 with a 4'' crank comes out to. anyway, it has stage 2 ported Edelbrock RPM Performer aluminum heads, an Air Gap intake, 1 3/4 hooker headers, 1.6 ratio Harland Sharp roller rockers, a .610 lift solid flat tappet cam, Forged Eagle crank and H beam rods, forged SRP pistons, some oiling mods, and a 830 cfm Holley carb. I think the carb is to much, and have a nice AED 750 double pumper that I am gonna try.

on the rear, it is a B body housing and standard B body leaf springs. it has off set shackles in the rear but they are not Mopar Performance I don't think. I have not looked at the front hangers but they should be offset as well. then it has Cal Tracs and Calvert 9 way adjustable shocks in the rear as well.

72Dodge

Reaction score
Wow, that's great. Thanks for being so thorough with the info. That helps me a lot, as it's sort of the performance I'll be shooting for with my Mirada after getting the basic systems worked out with a 318 in place while I build something bigger. Again, beautiful car. I love how it's so close to stock grocery-getter looking on the outside, makes it a really great sleeper.

jnsteelwagon

Reaction score
I have noticed a young guy in town the last 2 or 3 weeks that has a fox body mustang with skinny tires up front and wide tires in the rear. pretty nice looking car, and it sounds pretty good. the 3 or 4 times I've seen him he is whomping at the red lights and always takes off fairly hard to make some noise before slowing down.

anybody want to guess where this is going.......LOL!

72Dodge

Reaction score
I have noticed a young guy in town the last 2 or 3 weeks that has a fox body mustang with skinny tires up front and wide tires in the rear. pretty nice looking car, and it sounds pretty good. the 3 or 4 times I've seen him he is whomping at the red lights and always takes off fairly hard to make some noise before slowing down.

anybody want to guess where this is going.......LOL!

Show him what's what.

Back