new wagon is home with pics!!!!!

Jack Meoff

Mopar Maniac
Reaction score
I have noticed a young guy in town the last 2 or 3 weeks that has a fox body mustang with skinny tires up front and wide tires in the rear. pretty nice looking car, and it sounds pretty good. the 3 or 4 times I've seen him he is whomping at the red lights and always takes off fairly hard to make some noise before slowing down.

anybody want to guess where this is going.......LOL!

Okay come on...
Let's have the story.....I gotta hear it. :headbang:

jnsteelwagon

Reaction score
Show him what's what.

I just hope he has a friend with him that likes to tell everything. can you imagine when his friend tells the rest of his buddies that a woodgrain station wagon cleaned his clock?

I better hush.....those fox bodies are light cars.

nah.....he's gonna have to show me, lol!

jnsteelwagon

Reaction score
Okay come on...
Let's have the story.....I gotta hear it. :headbang:

ain't got no story yet, Capt. I just put insurance on the wagon today so I have not got to go pony hunting yet, but I plan on going on patrol in the coming weeks.

I can see it now.

calling home from the police station and saying, "Honey, I need you to come get me out of jail, but go to the impound yard and get my car out first.

after hearing her scream, "what have you done now?!!"

I respond with, "well, I kinda got caught racing a 23 year old kid in my station wagon."

HAHAHAHA!!!!

Last edited:

72Dodge

Reaction score
The woodgrain really will be the most embarrassing part for any losing parties... "yeah, that thing that beat me was still halfway in the crate it came in!"

Jack Meoff

Mopar Maniac
Reaction score
ain't got no story yet, Capt. I just put insurance on the wagon today so I have not got to go pony hunting yet, but I plan on going on patrol in the coming weeks.

I can see it now.

calling home from the police station and saying, "Honey, I need you to come get me out of jail, but go to the impound yard and get my car out first.

after hearing her scream, "what have you done now?!!"

I respond with, "well, I kinda got caught racing a 23 year old kid in my station wagon."

HAHAHAHA!!!!

It'd be one for the books.....
The cop writing you up would be looking at your car thinking....a wagon?.....
But....
I'm sure you could make your point fairly quickly
Then back off and let him be the stooge.
I love doing that. :headbang:

Mr.Lopar

Reaction score
just tell this to the cop when you get pulled over
10446641_1499574093612222_1323381411383356653_n.jpg

10446641_1499574093612222_1323381411383356653_n.jpg

80 Aspen RT

Reaction score
Ok....I gotta admit when I saw the first couple of pics and saw the wheels (EVOs?) I thought why would somebody put expensive wheels on this.......but read on ......oh this is getting good now.
I LIKE IT! !!!! Nice wheels up pic and get out there and kick some rustywang ass!!!

jnsteelwagon

Reaction score
Ok....I gotta admit when I saw the first couple of pics and saw the wheels (EVOs?) I thought why would somebody put expensive wheels on this.......but read on ......oh this is getting good now.
I LIKE IT! !!!! Nice wheels up pic and get out there and kick some rustywang ass!!!

EVOS??!!!!!!!!!!!!

WHY I OUTTA.......!!!!
images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTUgCnf0Yoh6VXMdtWOY5rgCP0hJUkqg6GJ9JtFXxDQ1lwYXb0y_sGHzA.jpg

They are Jegs Sport Mag wheels. a cheap alternative to a set of Welds.

NoCar340

Reaction score
I've told the story many times of my humiliation at the hands of a Volare wagon when I was a kid. Picture two 17-year-old kids out chasing girls and/or trolling for trouble in a '75 Trans Am 455/auto. I went past a dark gold V-wagon, stone stock (looking) right down to the dog-dish caps, with a family in it. The cargo area was loaded with grocery bags. Dude decided to give me a little what-fer with wife, 3 kids, and the week's eats in the back and proceeded to bitch-slap me like an angry pimp. The last thing I saw through the back window was the celery waving goodbye from the top of a paper sack. I tried like hell to catch him, but when I'd approach him in a turn, he'd just rocket away from me like I yelled "Boo!" when the road straightened. I saw the car a few weeks later at work: W2-headed 360 with a mild hydraulic cam, close-ratio 4-speed, and a 3.55 screw in an 8.75" axle. It was docile enough for his wife to drive to work but had a glovebox full of low-12 timeslips. That was pretty impressive back in '87.

I've been in love with sleepers ever since. I had no idea what had just kicked my ass but I did not like the fact that it was, quite literally, a grocery-getter with 5 people in it.

jnsteelwagon

Reaction score
IMG_3132.jpg
Code:
was going to the track last friday night for test and tune. I figured I better run the valve lash before pounding on her too hard. took the valve cover off the driver side and found the mess in the pic. the nut and top half of the adjuster was laying in the top of the head. the bottom half of the adjuster was still threaded into the rocker arm but had started to back out. found that mess just in time, and still got lucky that the nut and top half didn't fall into the oil return of the head.

I have only run the car up to around 5800 rpm a few times on the street. the shift light is set at 6200. the old guy had told me before I left that he had been setting the valves at .012'' lash! I didn't say anything, but I knew that was way to tight. I contacted the engine builder for his take and he said .018''.

the old guy had also said the last time he ran the car that he made one pass and the car nosed over on him before the finish line. I think we may know why, now.

anyway, got another 4 pack of adjusters coming and we are gonna get everything set at .018 where it should be. should pick up some bottom end after the adjustment as well.

IMG_3132.jpg

jnsteelwagon

Reaction score
well, got the wagon fixed up and decided to go hit the test and tune this evening at the last minute.

drove the car 18 miles to the track, ran a 7.392 ET in the eigth mile, and drove 18 miles back home to the garage.

I love it.

brotherGood

Reaction score
I know all too well about snapped rocker bolts. Granted, the valvetrain on that engine is close to what my entire engine build cost..lol.

That thing is a wicked cool sleeper. Wish we could find a wagon for dad..he's wanted to do a big block sleeper pretty much ever since I got my Diplomat.

Back