Our Vehicles Value And Or Parts We May Need

Mopar_Gods

Reaction score
Have you ever wondered why our old vehicle's get no respect as they should but when looking for a part and or parts if you can find them sellers are asking big money for them. What I have seen listed online and so on.

Glove box going for $65.00 + shipping. Arm rest going for $55.00 + shipping. Front grills going for $1,000.00 to $1,500.00 + shipping. Seats going for $300.00 to $600.00 and even a lot more + shipping. Heater control cable $100.00 + shipping. I could go on and on but I am sure everyone understands where I am coming from. We get no respect but parts we need do when it comes to value. Am I missing something here. So a complete vehicle is worth less but worth more when selling the entire vehicle for all parts and or a parts car. It makes me sick that all these vendors have all this great stuff for Ford and Chevy but when it comes to supplying the consumer with Dodge parts they either do not have parts or there to damn stupid to understand what the consumer is really needing when needing a part and or parts. Same with a dealer we only go back to 1980 we cant get anything else. You cant get me a part but you can sell me a $40,000 dollar truck. Again someone is really missing the point entirely here. Now why in the hell would I pay that kind of money for a truck just to be told in 20 years we wont have parts for it. It is simple I wont and never will. I love my Aspen but I will not give my arm and or leg for it to restore it. I will duck tape the shit first. Nothing wrong with making dough one must have it to survive that is life and I understand that completely but greed to me is the root to all evil and always has been. Funny thing is there is parts all over the internet how many times have you bought something that was not exactly what you bought? How many times was the listing wrong? I mean vendors selling parts and they don't even know what it is for when you tell them Lol.

Last edited:

Jack Meoff

Mopar Maniac
Reaction score
Seems to be the case doesn't it?
I can pick up a punched out Fifth for dirt money and have a parts car....but if I want a specific part it's half a fortune.

And I've gotta say I think it's absolutely ridiculous that Volare grilles are going for what they are.

Not blaming the sellers...I mean hey....if you can get that dough then go for it....but I'd put a screen door in there or just repair mine before I paid almost what I could get the whole car for just for a grille.

Superpac Ninja

Reaction score
Ya the grills are stupid but like rims there a focal point ,a bad grill s like a mouth full of bad teeth ,and we akk know what dental work costs lol ,thats why im selling my grill for a afordable ammount ;)'m let the jabs commence lol lol

Jack Meoff

Mopar Maniac
Reaction score
Ya the grills are stupid but like rims there a focal point ,a bad grill s like a mouth full of bad teeth ,and we akk know what dental work costs lol ,thats why im selling my grill for a afordable ammount ;)'m let the jabs commence lol lol

Hey man....you'd be foolish not to get what you can.
All I'm saying is I think it's bizarre what fetches money.
When they crush a Fifth....everything gets crushed..
But if I call up looking for a glovebox door or gauges or door handles all of a sudden they become valuable commodities and they want some stupid price for something they were going to crush anyway.......old is gold.

Mopar_Gods

Reaction score
I am sure you guys know what I mean. For someone who has restored a vehicle and or is in the process of restoring or trying to finish one there will always be some kind of cost that will always be something that comes with a build. But some of the part prices and then people selling stuff that they don't even know what it is worth or even what it is for is pretty damn ridiculous. Like a wind shield would I give $500.00 for one used. Nope I would ride without a wind shield first. Now think about it that would be stupid of me to do something like that but then again it is no more stupid then the greedy person trying to feed off of someones pocket just for profit. Had a guy who had a 1977 Dodge aspen once. I told him I would buy the entire car for parts what did he do. The idiot crushed the entire vehicle for $400.00 bucks. I was trying to explain to him for what you scrapped it for you could of sold all those parts for a fair value and still had big money in them pockets. Some people just do not get it no matter how hard you try to explain it to them.

Last edited:

Jack Meoff

Mopar Maniac
Reaction score
I am sure you guys know what I mean. For someone who has restored a vehicle and or is in the process of restoring or trying to finish one there will always be some kind of cost that will always be something that comes with a build. But some of the part prices and then people selling stuff that they don't even know what it is worth or even what it is for is pretty damn ridiculous. Like a wind shield would I give $500.00 for one used. Nope I would ride without a wind shield first. Now think about it that would be stupid of me to do something like that but then again it is no more stupid then the greedy person trying to feed off of someones pocket just for profit. Had a guy who had a 1977 Dodge aspen once. I told him I would buy the entire car for parts what did he do. The idiot crushed the entire vehicle for $400.00 bucks. I was trying to explain to him for what you scrapped it for you could of sold all those parts for a fair value and still had big money in them pockets. Some people just do not get it no matter how hard you try to explain it to them.

Can't fix stupid.......

Mopar_Gods

Reaction score
Just making sure I am not the only one seeing stuff like this. I am a little slower in my age and my eyes are not perfect. but I wanted to make sure that I did not have alzheimers already.

Jack Meoff

Mopar Maniac
Reaction score
Nope.....like I said about Fifth parts.
Normally close to worthless.
But express that you NEED that part and it becomes instant gold...

Bruceynz

Reaction score
Hi Guys,

Well think yourself lucky you are not a J body fan living down under and every thing you buy doubles because of shipping, then the government slaps you 15% tax on it. Chevy parts are all over the place here but Chrysler parts we pay a fortune for! I see people selling muscle cars here on our local auction site wanting silly money, they are still there after a couple years. I agree parts are expensive, I mentioned in one of my posts our cars are unloved but you wait and see soon they will be, they are not of the muscle car era but they run muscle car running gear :)

See You
Bruce

Jack Meoff

Mopar Maniac
Reaction score
Hi Guys,

Well think yourself lucky you are not a J body fan living down under and every thing you buy doubles because of shipping, then the government slaps you 15% tax on it. Chevy parts are all over the place here but Chrysler parts we pay a fortune for! I see people selling muscle cars here on our local auction site wanting silly money, they are still there after a couple years. I agree parts are expensive, I mentioned in one of my posts our cars are unloved but you wait and see soon they will be, they are not of the muscle car era but they run muscle car running gear :)

See You
Bruce

I firmly believe that they'll become the last era of cool cars and become somewhat popular.

F's are already gaining in popularity.
M's and J's will inevitably follow.

Blackbirdsrt78

Reaction score
I firmly believe that they'll become the last era of cool cars and become somewhat popular.

I get the same inner chuckle every time I see my volare as I did with the cuda. All we need is a better market for body parts, one of us may have to get into the injection molding/composite biz

Jack Meoff

Mopar Maniac
Reaction score
I get the same inner chuckle every time I see my volare as I did with the cuda. All we need is a better market for body parts, one of us may have to get into the injection molding/composite biz

Absolutely.
If companies like AMD and other re pop companies started making FM and J parts they'd probably be very surprised how much they'd sell. Realistically.....how many Cuda panels are you selling in a year?

People are into restoring our cars.....all the Cuda's are already restored or junk by now......these guys should catch onto an emerging market....

Bruceynz

Reaction score
I bet there are some pretty skilled people on this forum who could make parts that we need, some people can investigate making them, like those top door panels that crack, fender extensions, then we build up a data base and we can buy the parts from each other, someone might be good with a bender and be able to fabricate those rocker panels, someone maybe good with fibreglass and can make some trim parts, no one else is going to keep our cars going except us. I have ordered some weather stripping from JC Whitney and if it works out then everyone will know what to order so they can do theirs. We own some really awesome cars but if we can't get trim parts even if they are not exact they are far more better to look at than a missing part. In NZ if we can't get the part we make it or find someone who can. Then there will be no one who can rip us off with crazy prices.

greymouser7

Reaction score
The only reason there are cuda panels is because of greed -in line timing with the 2005 pre-Katrina hurricane market peak in which Mopars were upheld from rusty thru pristine as gold thru rubies & emeralds -more valuable than exotic cars and rare chevies/fords. 300,000 for cuda's, Daytona's, and superbirds that had nonmatching motors but were restored and 71' hemi cuda's reaching past 1,2,3 and as high as 6 million

The AMD and others only started the panels to get in on that money, and only produce what they sell enough of

less than 10 years ago, a 64-66 mustang hood was a hundred something dollars, vice a $1100 for the e-body, b-body hoods at the same time

if you look at passon performance, he had a tremendous time working with production suppliers to get his 5 speed to market
I am so glad that Jaime succeeded, because he fought greed all the way up mount Everest

but you guys are right, supply and demand, but the sellers are trying to make all their profit in ONE SALE, instead of spread out, the old fashion way

Last edited:

gray07

Reaction score
Around here , j, f. and ms are just another car at our junkyard, they don't care,

Monkeyed

Reaction score

I agree with you there, I work down the road from a university, and there's a free bus stop that runs downtown that a lot of office hotties park and walk to, I drive my $4,000 CBR with $2,000 worth of carbon fiber body work, a $1,500 full titanium exhaust, $1,000 brown leather corbin seats with matching saddle bags on a custom made rack, and I barely get a glance, I drive past in my $600 5th ave, with aboug $50 worth of rattle can rust convetor sprayed all over it, and it's like you put their heads on a swivel. go figure

Back