Our Vehicles Value And Or Parts We May Need

Bruceynz

Reaction score
You mean the bits on that go up against the window, as rubbers are a bit tricky I was thiking to use this stuff called Mouse fur/hair you will need it all over the place when I explain what it is, its the stuff you see on sliding doors, around some windows, its like a strip of hair that can stick on, it does't do anything appart from make it look nice, the outside of the door I have some weather stripping coming from JC Whitney that matched the profile. Still a way off before I get that though. These are not NOS replacements, just a new part I am developing that will tidy the car up.They will mount different too.

Bruceynz

Reaction score
ok just got this back today, will try it for fitment tonight

door_molding.jpg

door_molding.jpg

Bruceynz

Reaction score
Just need to line it up as you can see its not sitting on the door straight/level, didn't notice until after I took the photo. Just need the window rubbers now which I ordered on ebay and the vinyl

IMG_5711.jpg

IMG_5712.jpg

IMG_5711.jpg

IMG_5712.jpg

Last edited:

Bruceynz

Reaction score
Yes I thought looked good as well, we now need someone to make J body windscreens, if there was enough of us got together there would be a place in the USA that could make them for us??

Whats the common problems with our J bodies, cracked top door trims, rear fender extension rot and windscreens, if we had all those bases covered with members we could have out cars looking nice.

Running gear is easy to sort out just the odd body part.

kkritsilas

Reaction score
So what's a NOS Mirada windshield go for in a $1000/$1500 78/79 F grille world?

I was quoted $US795 for a custom made Mirada windshield with factory colour tint. Issue for me was shipping was $US500, but no guarantee that it would get here in one piece. That ended there for me (I already have a cracked windshield, I don't need to pay $US1295 for another one).

Back