Prepare To Puke

Jack Meoff

Mopar Maniac
Reaction score
Alf.....I saw you brought this abomination up at A&V.
Thought I'd share the nausea here.

Ladies and gentlemen.....
The 2015 Dart....no wait....Charger......I think.

2015-charger.jpg

racetrack-taillights.jpg

2015-charger.jpg

racetrack-taillights.jpg

Last edited:

alf44

Reaction score
yup i did... what is ma mopar,,,,, opps,,, i meant to say,,,, FIAT smoking ??? is the darts sales so bad they had to ruin the charger too?

NoCar340

Reaction score
Thankfully, my interest in Mopars and cars in general ended with the OBD-II port so I'm not too concerned about it.

My imp

Reaction score
I like the wheels. I'd like them better if they were chrome, but I'm old, & I like shiny things!

alf44

Reaction score
dodges new " mask" look is ok but they should of just left the rest of the car alone

My imp

Reaction score
Oh, BTW anything after '74 isn't a Charger as far as I'm concerned. Two doors, RWD, that's a Charger! They should've called it a Coronet. Coronets came in four doors, RWD. Door & hood dents to mimic a Charger just doesn't cut it. If you look at the roofline & squint..... Are you F'n kidding me? A four door Daytona makes as much sense as a four cylinder Daytona. I can only wonder if the marketing boys sold more, or less vehicles by bastardizing the names? Maybe I'm just a whiney old fart, waxing nostalgic, because the young-uns sure don't seem interested in the "good old days". Calling their latest attempt a Dart II sure hasn't paid dividends. I only know two people who own one, & they both love it. From what I've heard & read, they're a decent little hoopty. My wife is going to test drive one, & who knows? If I buy it, it'll be in spite of, not because of the name. 41 mpg isn't something to sneeze at! If my back will handle the ride, we're there! I like orange, but she's VERY Irish! I hate green, but I'm English!

alf44

Reaction score
bring back the magnum wagon----- change it to a charger sport wagon !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! NOT ,lol

My imp

Reaction score
Chrysler says the two door coupe doesn't sell as justification for the four door Dog Fart/Charger. They claimed to have tried the '68 grille, but it looks like the front end swallowed a harmonica. I'd be interested in the design schemes they came up with before this morphidited POS. I personally liked the Magnum wagon with the 300 front clip grafted on. Overhaulin' did one for a British lady. Can't say I cared for the flamed paint job, however, nice wheels, handling package, lower it a bit, maybe a supercharger, zoomies, & few other tasteful mod.'s would make for one nice cruiser. It seems that everything has to follow the same theme. No distinction between vehicles. For some reason they usually release a new vehicle too early, too late, wrong for the times, mis-reading the market, not enough bang for the buck, too many/not enough options, plus a plethora of common sense blunders always seem to dog them. Right about the time they get something right, they change it. Generally, not very good at evolving a design. The 300 (poor mans Bentley) is a perfect example. Million dollar exterior, best (or most powerful at least) drivetrain, cheapest, plastic fantastic interior. The Meatloaf "2 out of 3 ain't bad" doesn't cut it. How damn difficult would it have been to upgrade the quality of the interior? I know about cost bla, bla, bla. It just gives the critics something to bitch about. "Chrysler nearly knocked it out of the park!" maybe they need Kroil! to dislodge their heads from their asses! Same old story! Luxury cars don't have economy interiors! Do it once, do it right!

slant6billy

Reaction score
Are those Vette / 2002 SS Camaro Wheels on that thing? I said it before. These marketing gurus at mopar are focused on indecision and bottom line. It has become bottom of the barrel, limp wristed, over educated train wreck. It must be a real richard party at chrysler. I guess the male prostitutes have nice Eye-talian shoes? Ford ain't my favorite new car, but they have stepped up their game and their cars are in a better direction than Chrysler. If mopar had any balls they would lead the pack. A couple of ideas: A town panel/ town wagon with the ram pickup frame and front nose, Bring back a station wagon with rear wheel drive, bring back the Plymouth line for the middle class worker (no car priced above 20 grand). They could sell more 20K cars in any day than 1 viper a year. What do I know anyway? If my finger was on the button, there would be a rear wheel drivetrain line of cars with 4 cyls & diesels, but with the ability to directly bolt in any V8 in the mopar performance catalog and keep it OBD2 legal. I guess I do like the new ram 1500 diesel, though. I might have to go test drive one. The web reviews state it has more TORQUE 500 rpm lower than the ford ecoboost.

Jack Meoff

Mopar Maniac
Reaction score
Thankfully, my interest in Mopars and cars in general ended with the OBD-II port so I'm not too concerned about it.

Yep....my attitude also.
But it is kind of sad to see what they're doing to great nameplate's.
To me that thing just looks like any other melted turd car out there.

NoCar340

Reaction score
Any hope I had ended with them putting "Daytona" and/or a tail stripe on a pickup truck. Dumb.

72Dodge

Reaction score
I don't know, for a 4 door mid-size, it looks better than most anything else out there to me. They're not going to design cars the way they did 30 or 40 years ago, nor should they. I agree a car called a Charger should be a 2-door, but at the same time, 4-doors are what sell now, and they are using a recognizable name. I guess I just don't hate it as much as you guys do :)

Jack Meoff

Mopar Maniac
Reaction score
I don't know, for a 4 door mid-size, it looks better than most anything else out there to me. They're not going to design cars the way they did 30 or 40 years ago, nor should they. I agree a car called a Charger should be a 2-door, but at the same time, 4-doors are what sell now, and they are using a recognizable name. I guess I just don't hate it as much as you guys do :)

I do understand that they're not going to design cars the way they did
Too bad actually....my flying brick Fifth looks like an Exner car compared to the crap out there now......
But to me a Charger should be a "Wow" car.
A head turner....
That thing to me looks like just another blobmobile.
Mind you....I haven't seen anything that turned my head for a very long time.

72Dodge

Reaction score
I agree, I like the designs of the older cars better, generally speaking.

My only real point is that I think it still looks better in comparison to most of the fugly crapboxes they're selling today. Most of them literally look like they took a blob of clay, threw it up against a wall, and released it. At least most of the Chrysler (and Ford) products have some angular styling to them still.

As always, beauty is in the eye of the beerholder!

I just noticed the rear window treatment... I like that part of this design... I don't remember the previous Charger being like that, but then I never really looked that close either.

Last edited:

Jack Meoff

Mopar Maniac
Reaction score
I hear what you're saying.....
I think what ticks me off is that even with all of the regulations dictating design I still think they could have incorporated some nods to the original Charger.

This just looks like a Fiat Dart on steroids to me.
I will however agree that in the sea of melted turdmobiles Chrysler is the best of the bunch.....for whatever that's worth.

I haven't seen a car I really liked in almost three decades.
First was the onslaught of box cars in the mid 80's and then the current melting dog crap design.

Why is it so hard to design a good looking car these days?

NoCar340

Reaction score
Overall, it just looks like a minor facelift of the existing car with the hideous Audi "gaping maw" styling adopted and the Dart headlamps. I like the aggressive front fascia & grille of the current Charger, but I still don't agree with the name.

Now, if you could've put the Charger nose on the Magnum wagon to replace its ghastly face, you'd have something.

Back