Random Pics

Camtron

Reaction score
You guy’s familiar with the Motor brand part/service time manuals and how they stack up against factory manuals?

69-

Reaction score
I just plainly hate such memberships.

They should just do the right prices the first time...

Camtron

Reaction score
I just plainly hate such memberships.

They should just do the right prices the first time...
Nah, this is America, man. We bait and switch and jack up prices to insure annual growth for our share holders and boards of directors and make it a legal requirement to carry their “product/services” to operate on a day to day. Can you smell the freedom?

69-

Reaction score
Yah, I know... my friend.

They do the same shit here...

So glad, I no longer professionally have to support such scams. :cool:

Mikes5thAve

Reaction score
You guy’s familiar with the Motor brand part/service time manuals and how they stack up against factory manuals?

They are hit and miss. Sometimes they have good short cuts.

For these cars my Haynes manual has gotten more use then the factory ones and that's a first for those lol. It helps that it was largely based on a Diplomat.

Camtron

Reaction score
…alright, which one of you guys is trying to get me, lmfao. Or is this just a coincidence?!

IMG_7528.jpeg

Aspen500

Reaction score
First time out of the garage since mid October 2023. Felt SO good behind the wheel again, now that all the salt is FINALLY washed off the roads, and the street sweepers have sucked up all the sand.

20240421_111354.jpg

Camtron

Reaction score
Fun new toy to set up. 35 is too old to get into CNC, lol

IMG_7485.jpeg

69-

Reaction score
Cnc? Don't you do leather??
How's that gonna fit? o_O

Or I'm mixing things up...

Camtron

Reaction score
Cnc? Don't you do leather??
How's that gonna fit? o_O

Or I'm mixing things up...
you’re correct, I was working in the leather/textile industry; Then I decided that I no longer wanted to work in a 120 year old sweatshop or under a racist/bigot or for a businessman with no moral fortitude…
Now I’m a regional account/service technician for a machine tool company. It’s only been a week but I’m really enjoying the change; at the moment anyway.

AMC Diplomat

Reaction score
you’re correct, I was working in the leather/textile industry; Then I decided that I no longer wanted to work in a 120 year old sweatshop or under a racist/bigot or for a businessman with no moral fortitude…
Now I’m a regional account/service technician for a machine tool company. It’s only been a week but I’m really enjoying the change; at the moment anyway.
hey i bet it smells better! i remember working in seafood years ago and how that smell just lingered. i can't imagine the tannery smells

Camtron

Reaction score
hey i bet it smells better! i remember working in seafood years ago and how that smell just lingered. i can't imagine the tannery smells
The smells were one thing, working in rotting leather/glue/water under turn of the century equipment while roaches scurry all around you bothered me more. Literally just smells like human waste…hell, on a bad day, it was human waste.

Anyway, now that they’re without a maintenance department and the plant engineer retires in a year or so, you can have my old awful job for $45-$65 an hour, lol but you gotta be boiler certified, water treatment plant certified, know commercial plumbing and electric, equipment maintenance and carpentry…and be white and speak English fluently.

71862370721__8059CC8F-73BA-4D43-95AE-294717F1AC1E.jpeg

AMC Diplomat

Reaction score
The smells were one thing, working in rotting leather/glue/water under turn of the century equipment while roaches scurry all around you bothered me more. Literally just smells like human waste…hell, on a bad day, it was human waste.

Anyway, now that they’re without a maintenance department and the plant engineer retires in a year or so, you can have my old awful job for $45-$65 an hour, lol but you gotta be boiler certified, water treatment plant certified, know commercial plumbing and electric, equipment maintenance and carpentry…and be white and speak English fluently.

View attachment 52757
You were way underpaid there! wtf is that? some kind of a sludge trap?

Camtron

Reaction score
You were way underpaid there! wtf is that? some kind of a sludge trap?
Poorly designed catch basin that had a sewage line for multiple bathrooms connected to it. The out feed/city line was clogged about 65-70’ out from the building.

69-

Reaction score
Wow, cool, congrats.
And to your wife (on birthday, of course). And enjoy the espresso. :)

You work for Kaast now? That company's headquater seems to be only 125 miles ride away, so, whenever you have to visit head office in Germany, let me know and we meet someplace.:)

Back