Stainless Steel Sill (Rocker), Panels

FredMcJoe

Reaction score
well, too much meat is better than too little, I wonder if they can be filed down and a lip recreated with SuperGlue

AMC Diplomat

Reaction score
well, too much meat is better than too little, I wonder if they can be filed down and a lip recreated with SuperGlue
Or cut in half, the extra removed from the middle, and be plastic welded/epoxied back together at the right length

MoparDan

Reaction score
IMG_20231115_123050.jpg

FredMcJoe

Reaction score
the 77-79 LeBarons have a slightly wider rocker panel molding, they sit high enough to add on a small rocker strip to the bottom of the doors. Maybe those tailgate clips would fit those cars.
The plastic welding idea sounds like a good plan B. Harbor Freight sells an $80 1300 watt model too.

Mikes5thAve

Reaction score
the 77-79 LeBarons have a slightly wider rocker panel molding, they sit high enough to add on a small rocker strip to the bottom of the doors. Maybe those tailgate clips would fit those cars.
The plastic welding idea sounds like a good plan B. Harbor Freight sells an $80 1300 watt model too.

I think they're acutally narrower on the rocker part of them. I added the door bottom parts to one of my cars years ago and the end piecess on the fender come up short on the bottom.

Justwondering

Reaction score
Okay --
I'm game.
I've got a guy down the road that used to be a nuclear power plant welder. He'll figure out something.
PM'd you.
JW

Back