The FMJ Weather Channel

Justwondering

Reaction score
So what do you do?
Have a week/month's worth of food and supplies laid in?
What do you do for fuel/heat and how do you get to work if the the snow is so deep?

Aspen500

Reaction score
Guess I shouldn't complain, could be worse!
Latest is 5-7" for this area and heavier to the south. Also heavier to the east near Lake Michigan where they might get lake effect snow. Down in the southeast corner of the state by Silverbullet, it shows 7-10" or more.

7T8 Custom

Reaction score
6" last night and today it warmed up and we had mixed rain and snow showers in waves. Forecast for tomorrow is for more mixed rain and snow. After that the long range forecast is for alot of sun and alot of cold for the next two weeks.

Dr Lebaron

Reaction score
5th wave of snow since Friday.
Still shoveling, yet not getting done.
Barely made it out to the main road Monday morning.

Fortunately, Great Leader of the DRK heard about it and sent brave Korean soldiers to clear the snow and give us delightful North Korean coffee instead of the usual snow coffee we have to drink.
jtmeme.jpg

Aspen500

Reaction score
It's cooled off since the afternoon when it was a sweltering +4. Thankfully we had a nice breeze of 10-30 mph to take the edge off all that heat. It's down to a more tolerable +1 now (5:45pm).
Since there's no where near enough snow I guess, Friday into Saturday there's "possibly significant snowfall" coming. Sweet, I love running the snowblower when it's 2 degrees out and windy.
Please note the sarcasm in everything I said.o_O

Justwondering

Reaction score
60 yesterday and first sun in a week.
50 today and tomorrow cloudy and no sun.
70 friday
75 saturday
then the front comes through saturday night.
18 overnight and high of 34 on sunday if we are lucky
50 degree swing in temp ... I do not like it... no sarcasm... just the facts... I do not like it.

But, if you rearrange the words, swap out a vowel and add a plural, that can easily become ....
I like donuts.

(I don't know why I thought that was funny this morning... but it is.)

Dr Lebaron

Reaction score
Currently 19F plus wind chill.
By tomorrow, that will be warm compared to the 3F and wind-chill.
Least it stopped snowing today....so far.

4 more months to hold my nose.
4 more months.

BudW

Staff member
Reaction score
I'm not complaining to much (burrrr).
Everyone is acting as if it was mid-December, or something.

Aspen500

Reaction score
Yes it is mid December except it's -8 at noon. When the average high for Dec 15th is +27
,,,,,,,,,,,grumble, commplain, whine.

Aspen500

Reaction score
We're having a heat wave,,,,,,,,,,a tropical heat wave:cool: It's +11 and no wind. Oddly, doesn't feel all that bad after the past few days of -10 to -40 windchill.
Been snowing all day. Had about 4" when I left work at 4:30 and here at home (about 12 miles north) only around 2" so far. I guess the heavy stuff is on it's way yet:(
Still saying 8-12" total when it's all done and then,,,,,,,,,,million mph wind and -9 on Sunday. On the bright side, I see upper 20's and low 30's in the forecast for late next week:):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

Justwondering

Reaction score
Finally, the warmup came in about midnight.
Awoke to 57 F ... such a blessing. We build to 68 then the bottom drops out this evening until we get down to 14 F. Wind chill will put us down to 6 F, but I already loaded up on propane last week.

Until then, I have about 8 hours to finish up all the outside chores and go down to check on dad, maybe have time to pick up pecans later this afternoon.
Then tomorrow, put up the tree and decorate, shell pecans so we can have pecan pie at christmas next week.

Aspen500

Reaction score
Ended up with 8" of snow and it's still coming down, although very lightly.
Just finished 3 hours of snowblowing and shoveling and,,,,,,,,,,,,,man am I beat! It's only 15 degrees but zero wind speed,,,,,,,,,,so far. Supposed to kick in later to about a million miles an hour or some such thing. Sigh,,,,,,,,,,,,,snow drifts.:(
Think I'll rest and relax out in the garage working on the oil pan that I STILL haven't finished.:eek:

Justwondering

Reaction score
Was 71 when I started on the goat pen around noon.
Just went down to check on my dad (34 mile round trip) and its now 3 pm with the temperature at 46 - no wind yet.
About 7 or 8 am it will be down to 16 or so. Will keep you posted.

Justwondering

Reaction score
3 hours later (6:17 pm and we are down another 16 degrees to 30.
So far 41 degree drop.
By morning it will be down below 16 so it looks like 50 to 55 degree change.

Sustained wind of 21mph with gusts up to 33 mph.

Probably a lot worse up north.

Last edited:

Aspen500

Reaction score
Why yes it is worse, or soon will be. Headed for a low of -18 tonight with -40 windchill. Can you say brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr? Sure, I knew you could:D

Geez, I didn't know it ever got that cold down there in Texas. It almost seems like it wouldn't be possible that far south. I know, it must be that global warming thing again. Yeah, that's it.

Justwondering

Reaction score
Texas is 894 miles from north to south and I think 821 miles from east to west (longest distances).
Quite a variance in temps from the northern panhandle down to the tip near Mexico.

I'm closer to the red river (south of BudW in Oklahoma)-- about 2/3 of the way from Mexico.

So I get more of the cold weather when it decides to slip on down from Oklahoma.
Supposed to 2 cold days and then back up into the 50's next week.

Gotta have some chilling hours so the peach trees will set fruit in the spring. ;)

Sitting at 25 now with a windchilll bringing it down to 10 (lots of wind).

Back