The FMJ Weather Channel

Aspen500

Reaction score
Had 3 days in a row with sunshine, a few poofy clouds, very light breeze and mid/upper 70's, humidity in the upper 20% range. Just beautiful.
Today,,,,,,,,,it's summer again, with a little taste of Texas I think. Mostly sunny, 89 degrees, 69% humidity (as of 4pm anyways) and no wind at all. Suppose to be some nasty stuff possible later tonight, like torrential rain, high winds, hail. Yee-haaaaaaaaaaaaw.

Aspen500

Reaction score
Hmmmmmmm, it's way to dark out for 8:15, since sunset isn't for another 1/2 hour yet, the wind speed is exactly zero and it's just plain stagnant, muggy and wrong feeling out there. Usually not a good sign.

You know,,,,,quiet, TOO quiet.:eek:

Jack Meoff

Mopar Maniac
Reaction score
Hmmmmmmm, it's way to dark out for 8:15, since sunset isn't for another 1/2 hour yet, the wind speed is exactly zero and it's just plain stagnant, muggy and wrong feeling out there. Usually not a good sign.

You know,,,,,quiet, TOO quiet.:eek:

Uh oh.
How's the satellite looking?

Aspen500

Reaction score
Missed out on the high winds, or any wind at all for that matter. Got crap load of rain, mass lightning and thunder. That lightning was something else. Sometimes it was like bang, pop, sizzle, crack, boom, snap for like 10 seconds straight at a time. Gotta love the ones where you here the sizzle, followed by what sounds like the loudest, biggest gun in the world being fired and amplified a factor of 1000, and the instant thunder that makes your ears ring, rattles the house and damn near knocks you right out of bed. It was a heck of a thing.:eek:

Today just partly cloudy, hot, humid,,,,,,,,you know,,,,,,July.:D

Aspen500

Reaction score
OK, let's play the roller coaster game shall we?
It goes like this. Sunday we never saw the sun, periodic rain showers and it barely cracked 65 for the high.
Today when I got up around 5:30am found the temp went up overnight and it was 71 and 100% humidity. Had partly to mostly sunny pretty much all day and as of 5pm it was 93 degrees with 71% humidity. At least there's an actual breeze though. Dang it's warm!

Justwondering

Reaction score
Ugly week last week, another 10 days of no rain expected and 100 degree temps.
HOWEVER,
today we had a few clouds so it only got up to 94 and humidity was low.
Just spent 2 hours reclining in the chair on the veranda, feeling the wind blow just enough to tickle your toes and keep the bugs away.
Watched the stars come up and the sun go down. Saw two different satellites fly over, Saturn, Mars, Moon, Jupiter were all showing up tonight.
Big discussion about the current crisis in physics, farmbots, iridium satellites, and best way to fry okra.
A truely wonderful evening even after a doctor visit day today, another tomorrow and another on friday.

Jack Meoff

Mopar Maniac
Reaction score
Same story for a very very long time here.
Heatwaves and no water. Throughout all of Ontario we have low water warnings. Fire pit bans up north and this is actually one of the lawns that's doing surprisingly well. They're also asking people all over to not water their lawns.

20160712_121650-1.jpg

Aspen500

Reaction score
What a suck day so far. It was raining when I got up around 5am and it's still raining 4 1/2 hours later. One of those depressing type of rainy days. It's a light, steady rain and there's no wind at all with a temp of a whopping 62 degrees.
Taking every ounce of will power I have to not just go back to bed.:(

Aspen500

Reaction score
july 17 2016.jpg

It did redeem itself (the weather I mean). Around 11am or so it stopped raining and by noon the clouds broke up to where it was about half clouds and half sun, temp went up to 83 with a light breeze. Humidity was really high (like above 70%) but hey, take what you can get right?:D

I believe the predicted heat wave has begun. Some of you might say, "You call that a heat wave?" but for this part of Wisconsin in July, it is.

Last edited:

Aspen500

Reaction score
You can take all you want from us, we've had enough to tide us over for the next couple months or so:D

Got mostly sunny, nice breeze, 83 degrees and only 31% humidity,,,,,,,,,,for the time being. Seems that number is going to go up quite a bit over the next few days. Get ready to sweat! The forecast also got "revised", could see temps locally pushing 100 on Thursday. I'll still take that over -20 with a -50 windchill any day of the year.:cool:

Justwondering

Reaction score
No comment from me this time. Last night on the weather, the forecast was going to be a couple of degrees cooler in Texas than St Louis and places in Wisconsin, South Dakota... ouch.
You guys stay cool and hydrated.

Aspen500

Reaction score
Well, here in north central Wisconsin some 180 miles due east of Minneapolis, it's 86 today with a nice dry (sarcasm) 69% humidity as of 5:30pm. There was a huge purple blob headed right towards us late morning but it got within about 30 miles away and just vanished. We could see the pitch black off to the SW, never got any closer.
Tomorrow and Friday...........................High 90's to 100, humidity mid day in the 75-80% range (F*** ME!:eek:), so called heat index upwards of 120 degrees. Funny, you'd almost think it was summer or something:p

BudW

Staff member
Reaction score
110' in the shade with the humidity way up.
Don't forget the gale force wind of maybe tops out at 3 MPH!

Back