The FMJ Weather Channel

Justwondering

Reaction score
No welding today. heat index was 107 BUT
I did get to use the acetylene torch to cut the drill stem to length and shape the ends/tops for caps. This evening at 9:00 when it had cooled down to 98, my brother and I used the breaker bar to get the two holes down to 18 inches even so we could finish up the gate controller posts.
Here's hoping I get things far enough along this weekend to sit in my car when its 100 and let the gate opener do the work!

Jack Meoff

Mopar Maniac
Reaction score
100° is like my magic number of "kill me now". Must be because I'm a Canuck but I really don't get along well with that kind of heat.

Supposed to hit around 79° here today.
That I can deal with.

BudW

Staff member
Reaction score
110-115' heat (in the shade), then bring in that gulf moisture (ie: humidity) saps the strength right out of you once you leave the door.

volareandgtcat

Reaction score
80F with 70% humidity..... still waiting for fall ........ I wonder if we're getting an early fall ... spiders and wasps going nuts preparing, but still no furry caterpillars.

Aspen500

Reaction score
After 2 days of non stop rain and cold (for July), this is the way I feel today :)
Headed for upper 70's, humidity is non existant, very light breeze,,,,,,,,,,perfect!
Does amazing things to a persons mood.

Dr Lebaron

Reaction score
We need rain, but not on a long weekend, but that's what we got.
The sun came out now, but don't want to cruise through the puddles with the Lebaron.

It's only 73 right now, which is a big break from the high 80's/low 90's and real humid.

Aspen500

Reaction score
Yesterday I had to open my big mouth how nice it was.:mad: About an hour later it clouded over and it never got out of the 60's. No rain at least.

Should I say anything? Mostly sunny today, kind of breezy though, but already warmer than yesterday ever got. Probably snow this afternoon because I opened my trap again.:eek:

Justwondering

Reaction score
Never got below 80 last night, was 98 by 9 am and heat index over 100 ...
Ready for the high parked over us to move on out.

Course this does make it good weather to cook the packrat on the glue trap in my engine compartment. :mad:

kitcar Chris

Reaction score
Were camping out here in Ellesworth Maine now and it's bout 80 degrees kinda humid. But nothing like it is back home!! I'll take it!! We got both A/C's cranking either way.

kitcar Chris

Reaction score
20160730_112123.jpg

Aspen500

Reaction score
It's coming around. No clouds, light breeze, 76 as of noon and not too bad on humidity,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,he says cautiously so as not to have the weather gods hear.:p

Justwondering

Reaction score
Spent the morning putting new hoses on the fifth avenue. Light breeze, but hot. Finally had to give up at 12:30 at lunch cause the heat index hit 104F and where I'm working on the car is now in the sun.

But its been a good day so far. Much progress.

Dr Lebaron

Reaction score
Got the big rain storm a 3pm to wash out Sat.
Might be only 70F right now, but 88% humidity. More rain coming, but we need it, just not on a long weekend.

Not good for cruising when I don't like to puddle jump the Lebaron.

Jack Meoff

Mopar Maniac
Reaction score
We had a "funnel cloud" watch here today???? Never happened but we sure don't get many of those. Not a drop of rain out of it either.

Must have water.........

Back