The FMJ Weather Channel

Jack Meoff

Mopar Maniac
Reaction score
I hear you Justwondering! I got bifocals a few months ago and have never gotten totally used to them. Always seems like whatever I'm doing is too close for the "far away" part of the lens, but too far away for the "up close" part. Sigh...............I've said before and I'll say it again, getting older really sucks the big one.:(

You gotta go with progressives. A little weird getting used to but at least they graduate instead of either or.

You are right though. Getting older sucks.

volareandgtcat

Reaction score
I've got the progressive bifocals ... but still have to look up past the lens ...... lol .... even worse is when you've crawled under the car and can't see in any position !! Can't get close enough to take them off and can't reach if you're too far away.

Aspen500

Reaction score
I've got the progressive bifocals ... but still have to look up past the lens ...... lol .... even worse is when you've crawled under the car and can't see in any position !! Can't get close enough to take them off and can't reach if you're too far away.
I know the feeling well!

Another suck about glasses (of any kind) is on days like this one. Woke up at 5:30am and it was 73 degrees, which is the normal HIGH for this time of year. Off and on rain with a couple 20 minute deluge's, only got up to 79 which is what it is right now but, the humidity never dropped below 90% all day. Right now it's 93%. Makes glasses fog up very nicely when you're crammed under a dash trying to see something. Just as well, wouldn't be able to see it with clear glasses either.:p

Jack Meoff

Mopar Maniac
Reaction score
I know the feeling well!

Another suck about glasses (of any kind) is on days like this one. Woke up at 5:30am and it was 73 degrees, which is the normal HIGH for this time of year. Off and on rain with a couple 20 minute deluge's, only got up to 79 which is what it is right now but, the humidity never dropped below 90% all day. Right now it's 93%. Makes glasses fog up very nicely when you're crammed under a dash trying to see something. Just as well, wouldn't be able to see it with clear glasses either.:p

We had a major cooker here a little while back. Into the 100's. Everytime I got out of the air conditioned car I'd totally fog up.

Aspen500

Reaction score
Yep, you know it's humid out when you're driving home from work with the A/C on and the outside of the windows keep fogging over.
Just think, in a couple months us 4-eyes types get to fog up every time we walk into a heated building from outside. Love it..........................

.................and the sky is talking, HOLY CRAP:eek: I've got a concrete structured, slab on grade house and the floors are shaking and stuff is rattling in the kitchen cabinets. DANG it's loud!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited:

BudW

Staff member
Reaction score
I thought you were talking about another one of those Oklahoma earthquakes . . .

Saturday morning, at 7am, I was almost knocked out of our bed from a 5.6 magnitude one, that occurred 90 miles away.
Then the twins jumped into the bed shortly afterwards . . .

Oklahoma - the home to tigernado (yes a real thing - after a tornado riped up a zoo taking a dozen big cats with it) and quakenado. But instead you are talking about something less drastic.

Jack Meoff

Mopar Maniac
Reaction score
Right now.......

20160907_162225.png

Aspen500

Reaction score
Too far away up here to feel any tremors. Yeah, I meant ear splitting, cracking, snapping, banging, booming thunder. It was something else. Funnily enough it was all bark and no bite. Not much rain at all.
Today it was rain, no rain, rain, no rain, sprinkle, dry, downpour, nothing,,,,,,,,,,all freaking day. No sun, no wind, no thunder, temps in the low/mid 70's and humidity in the mid/upper 80%'s. Sticky SOB if I do say so myself.:cool:

Aspen500

Reaction score
We had one miraculous turn around. This morning it was overcast and muggy beyond muggy. Just before noon the clouds vanished and the sky became totally clear and bright blue. Humidity went from 80-85% this morning to 25-30% this afternoon with temps in the mid 70's and a light breeze. Pretty darn nice I'd say.:)

Aspen500

Reaction score
Beats the alternative though.
Everyday I wake up on the green side of the grass is a good day!

It's a tough one today to get on the green side of the grass.............
Almost 9am, dark and grey, drizzling and 57 degrees. Basically, just plain awful and not nice outside.:(

Jack Meoff

Mopar Maniac
Reaction score
Tornado watch up at my trailer and on off rain here in the city. I think this is our cold front finally pushing through.

Aspen500

Reaction score
Kind of weird looking up and seeing,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,clear blue sky. Been far to little of that this "summer". It was only 43 degrees around 7am and I'm not going to lie, it felt friggin' cold out. Warming up nicely however. Just came in from mowing the lawn to ditch the jeans and switch to shorts and that is NOT a complaint at all!

Back