The FMJ Weather Channel

Aspen500

Reaction score
Last night the rain never materialized(!), and today the sun never materialized either, lol. No rain though. Only got to 79 with the heavy cloud cover but still really humid out but lower than the past couple days.
I kind of wish the rain would lighten up. Normally this time of year I could go 2 or 3 weeks without mowing the lawn. Even then, it would get mowed just to even it up. Until the end of June it was a two times a week affair and since then it's every weekend like clockwork. It burns up 3-4 hours of the always too short weekend. Sure, it looks really nice and green but come on!!!!!!!!:cool:

Dr Lebaron

Reaction score
Still brown here.
Hr ago had one of those lightning strikes the shakes the whole house and knocks out the power for a moment, but lack of rain to go with it.

Dr Lebaron

Reaction score
Yep, it was in that direction.

Where I live, it's either a magnet for weather or 'parts the red sea' and misses while every one else get hammered.
I always have to check the weather radar.

My A/C is now on the losing side as the best I can do is 76F.

Jack Meoff

Mopar Maniac
Reaction score
Yep, it was in that direction.

Where I live, it's either a magnet for weather or 'parts the red sea' and misses while every one else get hammered.
I always have to check the weather radar.

My A/C is now on the losing side as the best I can do is 76F.

My shop right before the A/C gave up and died.

20160812_145529.jpg

Things quickly went to hell after that.

Dr Lebaron

Reaction score
Back in April, I booked this week off.
Man, Thurs and today wouldn't have been fun.
Bet it was 10 min on, 50 min off hot.
There's been times where it was 6 min on, 54 min off while smashing atoms.

Darth-Car

Reaction score
.....And the sad thing is, from what the Captain has said about his shop's owner, they will not bother to fix the A/C, because after-all Winter will be here soon enough.

Aspen500

Reaction score
Gee, guess what it was doing all night and up until around 10am? You got it,,,,,,,,raining. I've about had enough of the liquid sunshine this summer. It REALLY puts a damper (no pun intended) on getting the car out.

Dr Lebaron

Reaction score
One mean cloud developed over the city and did the rain come down.
My undercarriage got washed real good.
Bet some people got flooded out.

Still muggy with 105F humidex.

Aspen500

Reaction score
There's been flooding in this area and if it doesn't stop raining so often, there will be more. The lakes and rivers are full and it wouldn't take much to put them over.
On the up side, sky cleared up this afternoon, got up to almost 80 with MUCH lower humidity than it has been for a while. Not to worry, the humidity comes back tomorrow and then again the middle of next week along with, of course,,,,,,,,,,more chances of rain.:(

august 13 2016.jpg

Aspen500

Reaction score
It's called "air you can wear" because when it gets like this, that's all you want to wear.

Rain coming this evening and over night. Good thing too. I mean, it's been nearly 2 whole days since the last deluge.
Tomorrow is supposed to be the same as today, mid 80's and VERY humid. In typical Wisconsin weather fashion,,,,,,,,,,Saturday's predicted high is 67, Sunday 69 with a 90% chance of rain both days. One extreme to the other. Just can't seem to get a break around here. STUPID BLEEPING RAIN, RAIN, RAIN:mad:

Aspen500

Reaction score
Started raining Friday night and as far as I know, hasn't stopped yet. Anything from drizzle to downpour. Made it all the way "up" to 66 yesterday. So far today it's a depressing 56 degrees and drizzling. This is August still isn't it?
Couple days ago, A/C cranked if equipped. Today, said f*** it and turned the furnace on in the house to take the chill off.:mad:

Jack Meoff

Mopar Maniac
Reaction score
Just got back from up north. Was hot as hell when I got there but then the cold front went through and it was almost chilly this morning.

Back in the city we're back to tolerable temps.......finally.

Back