The saga that is my Diplomat

brotherGood

Reaction score
So, if anything, I'll have to replace light bulbs. If that's all, oh well..lol. Im pretty sure a lot of the stuff like that was never addressed until I got the car to begin with..lol.

80 Lebaron Coupe

Reaction score
I remeber cars that I had to have a flash light sitting on the front seat,
so at night I could see how fast I was going and check my guages.

brotherGood

Reaction score
Yeah, I want to say that I had that problem once in my olds. I could have the car wrong, but I do remember the problem. IIRC, I used my phone.

NoCar340

Reaction score
I got out of a ticket because my dash lights "didn't work" and I couldn't see my speedometer. Apparently, the cop was not aware that cars have an instrument-panel dimmer. I could see it just fine before I got stopped.

Jack Meoff

Mopar Maniac
Reaction score
I got out of a ticket because my dash lights "didn't work" and I couldn't see my speedometer. Apparently, the cop was not aware that cars have an instrument-panel dimmer. I could see it just fine before I got stopped.

Might have to use that one if I get stopped in the Volare
Till I get the Frankenwiring figured out back there.
Yeesh!

brotherGood

Reaction score
Im not even gonna try and figure out the mess of wiring I have in that dang thing. I knew it was bad when I went to change stereos after I got it. When there are 3 sets of speaker wires, that's just too much. Then, the mess in the engine bay. When we were changing engines, I wrapped a lot of it back up, just so it was presentable. Then, when we had it running, I trimmed off a bunch of the unused plugs and such. Didn't realize at the time, but I trimmed off the wire to the wiper bottle..gonna have to track it back down and fix it. Eventually though, Im gonna probably just get a new harness, and go through and figure out what I need and what I don't, and do it that way. I want a very clean bay, no spaghetti. Same goes for inside too. Since I'll be running all custom gauges, I'll be able to thin a lot of that out. Not to mention ditching the police crap too.

brotherGood

Reaction score
Alright, the Saga continues.

Went out and was gonna work on the intake leak. Called dad, to see if he wanted to come over and help. He told me not to touch the motor, and that he'd worked out a deal with the guys at the shop. Dad has this lawnmower that the owner of the shop wants..and offered to trade the lawnmower, and in return, they'd button up the car. Fix the back brakes, fix all leaks, make sure its shifting right, fix the choke, and put it on the "machine" and dial it in (timing, A/F mix, etc).

So, the car went up there this morning, and I guess they're gonna get to it "when they have a free space". At this point, who knows when I'll get it back, but I've got more important things to worry about suddenly. (See, possibly partially collapsed sewer line)

Jack Meoff

Mopar Maniac
Reaction score
Alright, the Saga continues.

Went out and was gonna work on the intake leak. Called dad, to see if he wanted to come over and help. He told me not to touch the motor, and that he'd worked out a deal with the guys at the shop. Dad has this lawnmower that the owner of the shop wants..and offered to trade the lawnmower, and in return, they'd button up the car. Fix the back brakes, fix all leaks, make sure its shifting right, fix the choke, and put it on the "machine" and dial it in (timing, A/F mix, etc).

So, the car went up there this morning, and I guess they're gonna get to it "when they have a free space". At this point, who knows when I'll get it back, but I've got more important things to worry about suddenly. (See, possibly partially collapsed sewer line)

Fingers crossed with the ride.

As far as the plumbing......
My buddy had a similar issue a while back.
Tree roots........

Not pretty.

Last edited:

brotherGood

Reaction score
Yeah, they said they pulled out some roots when cleaning it out this morning. I'd really hate that job.

The city first installed clay pipe, then years later had the bright idea to plant trees along the main roads..to make it look like youre driving through a grove. Well, roots eat right through the clay pipe. Gonna have to replace it with a plastic pipe soon. I want to get rid of that tree, and just make a straight shot from the street to my garage..but I don't have that kind of money.

Jack Meoff

Mopar Maniac
Reaction score
If it's a city tree they might not let you.
Up here you have to apply for a permit to cut a tree down in your own property.

brotherGood

Reaction score
Good point. I wonder what the fine would be when they drive by and see it isn't there anymore..lol

NoCar340

Reaction score
It's easier to ask forgiveness than it is to ask permission. Cut it down. If they bitch, offer to prop it back up. :icon_biggrin:

brotherGood

Reaction score
lol..If they complain, I'll give it back. If we cut it down, Im gonna save the wood and give it to dad..he can use it. between campfires, and his woodshop..it'll be taken care of in no time. They want it back, he can make a little sign out of it, and rout out a little note or something.

brotherGood

Reaction score
that's nuts. If its that much to remove them, don't you think maybe they should at least maintain them then. I know theres nothing they can do about the roots, but the limbs..dang.

Jack Meoff

Mopar Maniac
Reaction score
that's nuts. If its that much to remove them, don't you think maybe they should at least maintain them then. I know theres nothing they can do about the roots, but the limbs..dang.

Your tax dollars hard at work.
Might be different there.
Just call up and ask.

NoCar340

Reaction score
The law here is that we have to maintain the strip of grass and any foliage on the strip of grass between the sidewalk and the street, though technically we don't own it. It's an interesting law, to say the least, and one that comes up for debate whenever a "strip tree" falls into the street due to disease, wind, whatever. Who has to clean it up?

brotherGood

Reaction score
Talked to dad about the tree. He said simply (its yours to plow through if you want). So..that answers that..lol.

My imp

Reaction score
If it interferes with the electric lines, generally the city pays to trim it in Parma, Ohio. Other than that, you're on your own to cut it down.

Back