Very Rare Factory Alloy wheels, 1980 Duster/Volare

Status
Not open for further replies.

schotzy

Reaction score
Contact seller
We have a full set of factory alloy wheels, extreamly limited, came on 1980 Volare/Duster. 15 x 8, 0 offset, they have a three inch outside lip. When polished and detailed would be stunning. $800.00 for set of four. Buyer is responsible for all shipping costs. Paypal prefered. For more info contact
December 9 2012 008.jpg
schotzy300@AOL.com

December 9 2012 008.jpg

jasperjacko

Reaction score
I think those are 15x7. look on the back, it should say.

8d5 AHB

Reaction score
Came on Miradas, too. Still a rare wheel and very nice when detailed

schotzy

Reaction score
Yes...I got an e-mail this morning and the person put me in the right direction. I went back to the computer and did more digging. I found they came on the CMX package of the Mirada ONLY !. I was mistaken. I saw a picture from Dodge and saw the Volare /duster with those wheels. I did alot of research tring to find those wheel and that was the only car I found that had them. I don't know if the 1980 Mirada CMX was the only year for those wheels but they are the only car package with them. Thank you for all the info. I am still learning ......As far as 5x7 I did not find any mark on the back .

kkritsilas

Reaction score
My 1982 Mirada has the same wheels as well. The area around the spokes seems to be somewhat darker on my set, but for all intents and purposes, the same wheels. Mine are 15"X 7"

Kostas

Cordoba1

Reaction score
That, my friend, is a "Kelsey-Hayes" wheel, manufactured for Chrysler. That wheel was used on several cars: J-Body Cordoba's, 80 and 81 LeBaron Coupes, Dodge Miradas, and the 80 and 81 Diplomat Coupe. (I've seen them on Dodge Vans, too, but i don't know if it was a factory option.) They pop on eBay now and then -- I just bought a set brand new, they are stunners.

8d5 AHB

Reaction score
And, not to be a douche- $800 is going to be a heckuva push. Besides the crap economy and Christmas (post-Christmas spending remorse for those w/o self-control), they would have to be perfect with good rubber on them for $800. I sold/traded a nice West Coast set to a buddy for $250 and some parts. Just saying

Dr Lebaron

Reaction score
tn_1200_1979_Chrysler_LeBaron_JPG.jpg
A set of NOS ones w/o caps were $600 off Egag a couple months ago.
I got 2 sets for $125 set with caps.

tn_1200_1979_Chrysler_LeBaron_JPG.jpg

Last edited:

schotzy

Reaction score
Since I am learning I do alot of reserch....The "Kelsey -Hayes" wheel was a spoke wheel and yes it was on the Cordobo as a wheel cover . The Labaron had a 5 spoke wheel ( Coupe ) and the Diplomat did as well. I called Crysler to check my findings and I am correct . Those wheels I am selling were ONLY put on a CMX Mirada when they came from factory . As far as selling them for $800.00 we can talk about that more if you e-mail me .
Dawn

slant6billy

Reaction score
Doc, that is one fine looking mopar. I dig the color and the fatter tires out in back.

MiradaMegacab

Reaction score
Since I am learning I do alot of reserch....The "Kelsey -Hayes" wheel was a spoke wheel and yes it was on the Cordobo as a wheel cover . The Labaron had a 5 spoke wheel ( Coupe ) and the Diplomat did as well. I called Crysler to check my findings and I am correct . Those wheels I am selling were ONLY put on a CMX Mirada when they came from factory . As far as selling them for $800.00 we can talk about that more if you e-mail me .
Dawn

:ky:

$800...LOL

"I called Chrysler to check my findings and I am correct." .....ROTFLMAO

jasperjacko

Reaction score
$800???
Wow! What a deal.
Just in time for Christmas!

Just curious.
Who'd you talk to at Chrysler?

But wait there's more! we'll also included this lovely matching set of doilies! On another topic, I think they may have Lee Iachoca on speed dial. I have some burnt wore out mopar plug wires date coded 1981 for $799.95 But wait there's more...........

Jack Meoff

Mopar Maniac
Reaction score
2012-12-21 22.40.44-1.jpg
But wait there's more! we'll also included this lovely matching set of doilies! On another topic, I think they may have Lee Iachoca on speed dial. I have some burnt wore out mopar plug wires date coded 1981 for $799.95 But wait there's more...........

Wow! I'm intrigued....tell me more.
BTW..
I've got a vintage 1985 Lean Burn computer.
Original factory sticker.
Your's....
For the unimaginable price of only $450
Act Now!
Only ONE in stock!
PM me!

2012-12-21 22.40.44-1.jpg

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back